gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed smiley

gfx gfx
gfx
55850 Posts in 6180 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 December 17, 2017, 08:27:52 PM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 222 223 [224] 225 226 227 228 ... 323 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The good morning, good night thread  (Read 590088 times)
marc_chagall
« Reply #3345 on: September 04, 2011, 08:06:41 AM »

Just back from Coniston. The sun shone! (It sometimes does in the Lakes. Not often, but sometimes.)

desertwomble
Coroner

« Reply #3346 on: September 04, 2011, 08:27:33 AM »

Very inspiring!

Can we expect some artwork?

DW Cheesy

marc_chagall
« Reply #3347 on: September 04, 2011, 08:58:46 AM »

I did plenty -- just a question of trying to get decent photographs of it all, but hopefully I'll be posting a few pieces in due course.
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #3348 on: September 04, 2011, 05:23:55 PM »

Coniston is beautiful on a sunny day.

I'm currently in Austria, where it's a balmy 28C and sunny (it's night now, but it was sunny before). I've always thought of it as being a cold place, but it's a damn site warmer than England right now.

Trying to get my crits done, and it's a challenge. I've had a few beers and I only got five hours sleep last night. Have to be ready to go at 7:30 tomorrow morning, too. It's past 11 local time. All this adds up to not getting it done as I would have liked. I will endeavour to get it done, though. Can't let the side down.

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
Rev. Austin
loves you like his own sister.
Critter

"WHERE'S MY MONKEY?!"

« Reply #3349 on: September 05, 2011, 07:35:33 AM »

Looks beautiful, Delph. I'll be getting away from it all for a weekend later this month when I head to a sculpture park in Wakefield, I think it is, which I'm quite looking forward to.

I've printed out the stories from this month's crit session so I can have a read of them later and offer some crits, as promised  Wink I'm back in my old habit of doing a million creative things at once so my brain's running out of fuel, I think, because I can't quite focus on any one thing for long enough to completely finish it.

Following on from this, can any of you folks suggest a decent website building service? I was all set to use Moonfruit for the tinpot arts collective I'm a part of, until one of the other members put a halt to my endeavours and demanded I give her a comprehensive list of other website builders' prices, despite having no previous interest in what I was doing  rolleyes I've compiled a nice list, but just wondered if anyone could offer any suggestions, maybe site builders they've made good use of before...? Thanx!

http://thissentenceishaunted.com
"Words to make you wet your pants."
marc_chagall
« Reply #3350 on: September 05, 2011, 08:33:34 AM »

Is that the sculpture park at Bretton Hall, Rev? If so, it's a good one. Haven't been there for years, but they always used to have some classy work.
Rev. Austin
loves you like his own sister.
Critter

"WHERE'S MY MONKEY?!"

« Reply #3351 on: September 05, 2011, 08:39:48 AM »

Yes! That's it!

http://thissentenceishaunted.com
"Words to make you wet your pants."
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #3352 on: September 05, 2011, 06:14:34 PM »

Don't know much about website building services, other than the free ones that let you build you're own, Rev. The most popular one I know of is Freewebs.com afro

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
marc_chagall
« Reply #3353 on: September 06, 2011, 02:12:32 AM »

I use freewebs. It's glitchy at times, particularly when used with firefox, but it's free and seems to work reasonably well.
desertwomble
Coroner

« Reply #3354 on: September 06, 2011, 04:36:24 AM »

These are the guys I use - all free!

www.weebly.com

DW Cheesy

Pharosian
Obelizer
Critter

« Reply #3355 on: September 07, 2011, 10:02:56 PM »

It was 100 degrees F here on Saturday. The last two days, it hasn't quite reached 70, and today it rained all day. I've been working much longer hours lately thanks to some special projects that are going on. Last night I got home around 7, relaxed for a couple hours, then worked until 1 AM this morning, and then got up and started back at it at 7:30, and didn't leave work until 7:15 PM. Sheesh.
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #3356 on: September 08, 2011, 02:34:03 AM »

Sounds awful. It's been a hectic few days for me, too. I'm hoping things will settle down, but I have a lot on my plate at the moment.

Geoff_N
Critter

« Reply #3357 on: September 11, 2011, 05:41:11 PM »

My two-year-old grandson loves watching the rugby on TV, but how do you convince him that a scrum isn't a "big cuddle"?

delboy
Global Moderator

« Reply #3358 on: September 12, 2011, 04:13:51 AM »

We were discussing the RWC at work last week and people were surprised that I said I'd trade an England win for a Gloucester win any day of the week. Club, being far more important than country in rugby terms. Looking at the Gloucester chatboard many - most! - fans feel the same(*). The way England played on Saturday I thought for a while that the god of rugby results was taking me up on my offer.

(*) I asked the same question of some keen football fans (which is just about everyone else at work) and actually they were of the same opinion. A few wavered when it got to a World Cup Final when one or two said maybe they'd trade a Manchester United League game for an England win... but they said if it was something like either England winning the World Cup or Manchester United (or whomever) winning the Champions League then they'd rather their club won. If I could find a cricket fan I'd ask the same of the them...

Anyway, upshot seems to be keen fans who follow a team week in / week out have more passion for that team than they do for their country's team.

Derek

"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker
Geoff_N
Critter

« Reply #3359 on: September 12, 2011, 09:12:49 AM »

Cycled from Chester 12 miles against the wind up to Hope Mountain in Wales (not a proper mountain really - only 330 metres (1083 feet) though I start at sea-level. Why? Just to be able to whiz downhill with the "hurricane" blowing me back home. Brilliant, even though I was overtaken by flying twigs.

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 222 223 [224] 225 226 227 228 ... 323 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx