News:

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed :smiley:

Main Menu

The good morning, good night thread

Started by Ed, October 22, 2007, 03:49:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elay2433

We use dropbox for sharing large-ish files at work, but I never thought about using it for backing up my writing (or anything else personal). Good idea. 250MB of free storage. Plenty of room for word documents there.  :afro:

Rev. Austin

Mymate sent me an invite to use it today; sounds like a good idea  :azn:
facebook.com/waynegoodchildishaunted
Stay in touch! I don't mean that in a pervy way.

Pharosian

I use Dropbox so I can access files from both home and work. It's a great application.

Ed

I post stuff to myself on here. There's an admin area where I can attach files, or just post stories on a page. I use that quite a lot when I'm going to be away from home. There's a notepad function for each member, but I'm not sure how useful it would be for whole docs. It might be worth checking out, though. I think you get to it through the profile button. Never used it myself -- perhaps I should :scratch:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Ed

Turns out there wasn't one -- I thought there was, but there wasn't, so I've added one. Couldn't find one where you can attach files, but crit group members could always store stuff in the archive section by making a topic named 'Storage' or something, and then attaching word docs to their posts, or whatever you've got. If you find you can't upload a certain file extension then just tell me -- I can change that. If you don't want anybody else looking at the file you could always password protect a zip file before uploading it.
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Rev. Austin

Diane Kratz

Happy Tuesday to you all!

Went to the Renaissance Festival in KC on Sunday with my family. I saw some elves, fairies, wenches, psychic's, witches, kings, queens and noble men. 

Saw two men joust and the loser head was cut off by the executioner. We ate turkey legs and drank some ale.

Monday's always suck- but today is Tuesday's, only four more days to the weekend . I've been taking a class of deep POV, lots of work involved. Spent the day dissecting my book, and it's a bloody mess right now!   :bangh:

Kim

Ed

Sounds thrilling compared to my day -- I've been training all this week. The format is stuff your head with knowledge and then regurgitate it the next day in an exam. Passed one on Tuesday, which was quite nerve-wracking, because candidates have to get a minimum of 80% to pass, otherwise they fail and cannot try again for six months. I got 92%, but I'm still not wholly pleased with it, because they haven't told me which questions I got wrong. I'm guessing it was one of the ambiguous ones. There were several with no right answer. I have to take my last one today, and then I'll be back to work tomorrow. No rest for the peasants, huh? :afro:

marc_chagall

Just had the AA man out to hit my car with a large hammer. Seems to have done the trick. It now moves.  :scratch:

Geoff_N

My waterbutt leaked through a large crack under its posterior. When I turned it upside down I remembered repairing it with a fibreglass car repair kit over 20 years ago. Beyond repair now so I took it to the car. It wouldn't go in the boot so I tried walking it the two miles to the community recycling centre on my bike. It kept falling off before I reached the end of the drive and I have a pulled muscle so didn't persist. I used a saw to cut the butt in half (I can hear Lashslash's jokes fermenting as I speak). I was driving to B&Q on the way from the recycling when I remembered a 200 litre butt won't fit the car. I could saw it at B&Q and buy glue but I'm not that daft. My Chester B&Q said they'd deliver for £15 !!! So back home I found the cheapest one was on Amazon. Odd to buy a book, a DVD and a waterbutt on Amazon but hey ho. It came. We were out. So the postman put it behind our bins. Luckily the dustmen didn't want to take it. The butt came with a tap but the inside nut had come loose. How do I attach a nut on the inside and the tap on the outside when this requires arms 17 cm longer than I possess? Solution - my wife holds the tap in position while I put on my divers' headlight and crawl inside the butt to screw on the nut. The house phone rings and wife goes inside leaving me stuck in the butt.

Never a dull day.

delboy

QuoteNever a dull day.

...been entering data into spreadsheets for two days. I could teach the dog to do it but he said he'd rather lie on his back and stare at the ceiling.

Derek
"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker

Rev. Austin

...and I've been counting leaflets into piles of 30, which then get correlated into bigger piles and sent to schools.  :cheesy:

desertwomble

Quote from: Rev. Austin on October 13, 2011, 10:11:17 AM
...and I've been counting leaflets into piles of 30, which then get correlated into bigger piles and sent to schools.  :cheesy:

Suffering from piles, Rev?

DW :cheesy:
http://chaucers-uncle.weebly.com/

www.paulfreeman.weebly.com

Read my most recent winning Global Short Story Competition entry:
http://www.inscribemedia.co.uk/assets/october-ebook.pdf

Robert Essig

Yesterday it was 102 where I live in San Diego, and it's shaping up to hit those numbers again today.  :buck:
Robert's blog

Look for my debut novel THROUGH THE IN BETWEEN, HELL AWAITS in 2012 from Grand Mal Press.