News:

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge :afro: - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

Main Menu

The good morning, good night thread

Started by Ed, October 22, 2007, 03:49:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rook

I think, Sebastian, there for I am.
Say Hi! on Twitter: @rookberg

Ed

Sounds like a real blast -- well done, Rev :afro:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Pharosian

Congratulations, Rev!  :dance:

But do you have any hearing left?  :scratch:

desertwomble

Excellent, Rev!

Have you thought about changing your name to 'The Handsome Custards' or 'Bustards' perhaps?

Could be your passport to fame and fortune!

DW :cheesy:
http://chaucers-uncle.weebly.com/

www.paulfreeman.weebly.com

Read my most recent winning Global Short Story Competition entry:
http://www.inscribemedia.co.uk/assets/october-ebook.pdf

delboy

Way to go, Rev!!

Had a rehearsal last night with a new bass player who we were sounding out to replace our previous one who is emigrating to Cyprus. By the end of the rehearsal the new bass player announced he was off to live in Spain. Must be my aftershave... or my singing!

Derek
"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker

Geoff_N

Terrific, Rev. Good thing a) I'm hard of hearing and b) I had earphones on so the neighbours didn't bang on the wall again.

Del, the band should move to Cyprus. I cycled all over the Akamas penninsular a while ago - loved it. Cycling again next week in the hills above Benidorm. Some of it will be along the Spanish Tour route - the Vuelta. Tough ones like the Coll de Rates. There's a public ticket timer for cyclists on it. I'm going for the slowest on record.

Rev. Austin

Thanks everybody!

Del - one of my old bands used to go through guitarists like a hot knife through butter. We'd advertise, have one turn up to a practice, then they'd either not turn up again and stop answering their phone, or tell us "I don't think this is for me" (we were experimental post-rock, emphasis on the experimental haha). I was also once invited to do vocals for a friend's band, went to a practice, then they split up. Hmmm.  :grin:

edit: And in other news, my friend's given me his old PC, which is sh*t hot and a million times better than my one (which has spent the last month constantly crashing). He said "I just wanted to make sure it goes to a good home" God bless 'im! I'm going to get him a massive bottle of Jack Daniels to say thanks. In the meantime, I've got to move/reinstall everything, which will be my job for this particularly nippy Sunday. (So Rob, I'll PM you this evening). I'm pretty giddy at how bloody FAST this PC is! I swear, it turns itself on before I've even touched the power button.
facebook.com/waynegoodchildishaunted
Stay in touch! I don't mean that in a pervy way.

ozmosis7

Author of Dark Fiction - http://kennethwcain.com

fnord33

Congratulations on the new PC and the festival, Rev. Do you have any music recorded?

I got some bad news today. Post Mortem enjoyed my novel and was considering publishing it, but they decided it was too risky in this economy to publish experimental fiction. I would tend to agree that experimental stuff tends not to make money, but when I think of experimental I think of cut-ups, sounds of bugs being smashed with hammers and art-school kids playing with scarfs under black-light while Public Image Ltd. plays on an unseen boombox. Not sure what's so experimental about quasi-sci-fi satire. It's disappointing, but for the best. I want a publisher that is as excited about it as I am.     
Life is an entanglement of lies to hide it's basic mechanisms. - William Burroughs

Rook

Quote from: fnord33 on October 28, 2011, 05:27:42 PM
I want a publisher that is as excited about it as I am.     

Hear, hear!  :afro:
I think, Sebastian, there for I am.
Say Hi! on Twitter: @rookberg

leatherdykeuk

Pharosian

Sorry to hear that, fnord... but someday they'll be sorry!!!  ;)

fnord33

Life is an entanglement of lies to hide it's basic mechanisms. - William Burroughs

Ed

Did a horrible job today. Had to insulate the roof over at our renovation project. Bought myself a set of disposable overalls, mask, goggles, then sweated my arse off for two hours. Put fifteen inches of insulation in on top of the four that was already up there, so it should be pretty damn warm in there, now. Couldn't wait to get it finished and have a shower, though. That stuff itches worse than anything else I know. I reckon I lost a few pounds doing it, too -- I was soaked in perspiration.
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Rev. Austin

Quote from: fnord33 on October 28, 2011, 05:27:42 PM
Do you have any music recorded?

Here you go, fnord: http://www.facebook.com/Handsome.Bastards?sk=app_2405167945  :azn:

I'm organising/running workshops for a regional film festival as part of the arts education collective I co-founded, and they start TOMORROW but one of my colleagues neglected to tell me this until LAST NIGHT. Cue a panicked phone call today, when I requested a meeting about it all two bloody weeks ago  :bangh: we'll be running workshops on scriptwriting, storyboarding, acting, filming, editing, and a few associated things such as set design and camera techniques, over the next 6 - 8 weeks at a primary school, a college, and a youth centre. It is very exciting, I just wish my colleague wasn't so damn disorganised  >:(
facebook.com/waynegoodchildishaunted
Stay in touch! I don't mean that in a pervy way.