gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge afro - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

gfx gfx
gfx
55850 Posts in 6180 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 December 15, 2017, 05:22:23 AM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 231 232 [233] 234 235 236 237 ... 323 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The good morning, good night thread  (Read 589314 times)
Geoff_N
Critter

« Reply #3480 on: November 14, 2011, 06:05:58 AM »

Free the chicks!!!  LOL

I had an email today from an astronaut, Leroy Chiao. Last time we exchanged emails he was orbiting Earth in 2005. It's not everyday I get excited but that was one of them.

LashSlash
Coroner

« Reply #3481 on: November 14, 2011, 10:46:35 AM »

I had an email today from an astronaut, Leroy Chiao. Last time we exchanged emails he was orbiting Earth in 2005. It's not everyday I get excited but that was one of them.
    what about old rob o'rocket - challenger of the galaxies.... he doesnt send you missives when out-away on hos space-patrol?

d
fnord33
Critter

« Reply #3482 on: November 16, 2011, 03:09:06 AM »

I got to see Melt Banana for the 4th time tonight.  cheers It probably seems weird to most, but it's like church for me. Not to say I think MB is in any way related to the divine.  I simply mean that there aren't many things that make me feel truly alive. MB is one. Nothing like a good ear rapin'. Also I'm drunk and deaf.   Bed now! Goddamnit I'm old. Someone kill me.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 03:11:45 AM by fnord33 » Logged

Life is an entanglement of lies to hide it's basic mechanisms. - William Burroughs
LashSlash
Coroner

« Reply #3483 on: November 16, 2011, 05:38:42 AM »

Someone kill me.... can i torture you first?
notsoscarey
Grave Digger

« Reply #3484 on: November 16, 2011, 08:13:39 AM »

Woke up without neck pain (yay!) but we'll see how long it lasts.   undecided
akaShoe
Critter

« Reply #3485 on: November 16, 2011, 09:45:16 AM »

Good morning! Kids off to school... time to make some horror. Or eggs. I'm actually pretty hungry, so I'll probably go with the eggs first. But then...? HORROR!!
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #3486 on: November 16, 2011, 05:31:56 PM »

Mmm, egg horror afro

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
Rev. Austin
loves you like his own sister.
Critter

"WHERE'S MY MONKEY?!"

« Reply #3487 on: November 17, 2011, 05:34:57 PM »

Melt Banana are amazing, fnord! Seen them a few times, and they're one of my biggest musical influences!

That chick vid's mental, Ed! The sound is INTENSE, like a swarm of locust or something haha

Ploughed (plowed?) full steam into some film-making sessions these last two weeks - I've organised the session timetable for three separate venues, and attend all of them - a primary school, (my old!) college and a youth centre (I was there tonight). Three different age ranges and therefore ways in which to teach. It's quite exhausting but really good fun. Plus, I never would have thought a few years ago that I would be back in my hometown making actual use of my degree (Ba (hons) Film and Video) hahaha

http://thissentenceishaunted.com
"Words to make you wet your pants."
notsoscarey
Grave Digger

« Reply #3488 on: November 17, 2011, 09:09:01 PM »

Woot!  Go Rev!!!
delboy
Global Moderator

« Reply #3489 on: November 18, 2011, 03:42:42 AM »

TFIF!!

Been battling headaches and coughs and sneezes all week and generally only hanging it altogether because of decent amounts of even decenter single malt before bed each night and also because of the fact that yesterday had some presentations to do up in the industrial wilds of Birmingham. That said, I always I enjoy a trip up to Birmingham because just below the surface of the city is the canal network and it's so nice to walk down a narrow dark stairway and go back a couple of hundred years in time. Kind of. Anyway, today I plan to sit at home, doing administration type stuff, drinking sweet black coffee, and maybe listening to some instrumental music whilst doing so.

Derek

"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker
Geoff_N
Critter

« Reply #3490 on: November 18, 2011, 03:50:12 AM »

Damn you, Del, I seem to have e-caught a congestive cough of you. Was planning a hilly 50 miles ride this morning but maybe its not so wise now. Oh well, I have editing and writing to do.

delboy
Global Moderator

« Reply #3491 on: November 18, 2011, 04:04:56 AM »

Whisky, Geoff, whisky! That'll see you all right. Makes the writing easier, too... And those hills won't erode away over night. Probably.

"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker
notsoscarey
Grave Digger

« Reply #3492 on: November 18, 2011, 09:24:46 AM »

Ah...Friday.  This week was sooooooooooooooooooo agonizing. 
Geoff_N
Critter

« Reply #3493 on: November 18, 2011, 01:39:12 PM »

Del, a sudafed cough elixir has done the trick! Normally I would have whisky for a cough, cold, any day with a y in it, but I'm teetotal until daughter gives birth - she's about 5 weeks off and we might be called on to race across Cheshire to look after grandson if Daughter is taken to hospital early. Only fair, my daugher has had to be off her WKD for most of the year!

Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #3494 on: November 18, 2011, 07:06:02 PM »

Ah...Friday.  This week was sooooooooooooooooooo agonizing. 

I feel the same way. It was only at about 2pm today that I realised it was Friday and at that point I allowed myself to wallow in that Friday feeling, which has been with me ever since. Sadly, I know from bitter experience that Monday comes around all too soon, but for now I have beer in hand and the whole weekend stretches out before me like a pristine wilderness of devil may care....

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 231 232 [233] 234 235 236 237 ... 323 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx