News:

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed :smiley:

Main Menu

The good morning, good night thread

Started by Ed, October 22, 2007, 03:49:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elay2433

QuoteMrs Ed has a head cold that has turned her into Slimer from Ghostbusters

Sounds like me. I'm producing gallons of... slime. There seems to be no end of it. Don't know where it all comes from. But what are squits? Never heard that one. We have squirts here, but that's something else altogether.  :grin:

Hope your pal who took the fall is okay.

Ed

Squits, squirts, shits -- that thing where you can't get more than twenty yards from a toilet without having a panic attack :afro:

I hope you're feeling better soon.
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

notsoscarey

I work at a community college and in 1.5 hours my Thanksgiving Break begins!  No work for 3 days...woohooo!!!!!!   :dance:

Geoff_N

I was in a hurry coming out of Sainsburys yesterday so ran a little. I heard running behind me (they might have shouted but I'm hard of hearing) so I ran faster. They caught up and stopped me. Two Police Communitiy OFficers demanded to go through my two carrier bags and asked why I was running. I said I didn't want to leave my wife on her own with grandson in the park too long. They found my receipts among the gingerbread men, fruit and newspapers and let me go. Then I had to explain to wife why I was late...

Never a dull day for Nelder.

desertwomble

Quote from: Geoff_N on November 23, 2011, 03:44:21 AM
I was in a hurry coming out of Sainsburys yesterday so ran a little. I heard running behind me (they might have shouted but I'm hard of hearing) so I ran faster. They caught up and stopped me. Two Police Communitiy OFficers demanded to go through my two carrier bags and asked why I was running. I said I didn't want to leave my wife on her own with grandson in the park too long. They found my receipts among the gingerbread men, fruit and newspapers and let me go. Then I had to explain to wife why I was late...

Never a dull day for Nelder.

Lucky the police didn't know your codename is Bikoman!

DW :cheesy:
http://chaucers-uncle.weebly.com/

www.paulfreeman.weebly.com

Read my most recent winning Global Short Story Competition entry:
http://www.inscribemedia.co.uk/assets/october-ebook.pdf

delboy

I can see it now, Geoff pedalling furiously away from the CSO's whilst reaching into his Tesco carrier bag and pulling out satsumas and peaches and lobbing them back onto the road, making his pursuers swerve and brake, and as he tires (tyres?) and one of the fit young ones (probably a keen gym goer) pulls alongside, Geoff swats him in the eye with a gingerbread man and evades capture, hardly out of breath, with just the newspaper requiring a quick going over with a warm iron to make everything hunky dory.
"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker

Ed

See, you're lucky those CSOs don't carry tazers, Geoff. You might have a perm by now :afro:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Geoff_N

Quote from: Ed on November 23, 2011, 02:12:19 PM
See, you're lucky those CSOs don't carry tazers, Geoff. You might have a perm by now :afro:
Good point. Didn't think of that. Maybe being Manchester they don't carry them in case they get robbed ;)

delboy

I teach guitar to a policeman's son. Monday night the policeman was telling me that this week was the first time he'd been involved in a tazering. His partner did the tazering whilst the chap I know tried to persuade the lad (who 'was being a bit silly') to calm down. There were a couple of things I wasn't aware of. It's all stored away in Del's head ready for fictional use....
"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker

Rook

Really pleased to have finished the first draft of my novel today. It still needs a lot of work, but I'm happy with it, and proud to have actually stuck with it through 65,000w.

:dance: :dance: :dance:

I'm not going to think about the next stage for a while. :hidin:

:cheers:
I think, Sebastian, there for I am.
Say Hi! on Twitter: @rookberg

ozmosis7

Author of Dark Fiction - http://kennethwcain.com

Pharosian

Quote from: delboy on November 23, 2011, 04:57:56 PM
I teach guitar to a policeman's son. Monday night the policeman was telling me that this week was the first time he'd been involved in a tazering. His partner did the tazering whilst the chap I know tried to persuade the lad (who 'was being a bit silly') to calm down. There were a couple of things I wasn't aware of. It's all stored away in Del's head ready for fictional use....

We have a news documentary show in the U.S. called 60 Minutes, they did a piece on Tasers the other week. Among other things, I learned that TASER is actually an acronym created by the inventor in honor of his childhood hero, and stands for Thomas A. Swift's Electric Rifle.

Pharosian

Yes, congratulations, indeed, Rook!

A few years ago I wrote almost 65,000 words of a novel. Unfortunately, the story was only about 75% complete at that point, and I lost momentum and the project died. I even knew how it was supposed to end, which is my usual problem, but I just couldn't bring the pieces together. Maybe someday...

ozmosis7

You can do eet, Pharo!  :dance:

(edit) Grrr...stupid apple software won't let me make a typo when I want to LOL
Author of Dark Fiction - http://kennethwcain.com

delboy

Well done, Rook! Novels are where it's at!!

Robert B. Parker