News:

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge :afro: - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

Main Menu

The good morning, good night thread

Started by Ed, October 22, 2007, 03:49:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc_chagall

Today I have the pdf, mobi and epub final versions of 'Serpentine' to check. I may be some time. Luckily I have chocolates to sustain me, thanks to an early mother's day gift.

Pharosian

Yes, chocolates are very good sustenance! My husband just got back from a business trip to Switzerland, and he brought me a box of kirsch-filled chocolate sticks.  :smitten:

Ed

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Geoff_N

A crack has appeared in the front stem of the bicycle I gave my son two years ago. I'd cycled with it to Nottingham. So until it is fixed or replaced I have offered to loan him my spare Dawes road bike. Yep, another 100 miles bike ride across the Pennine hills tomorrow. I probably won't ride all the way in one day - I could but I'd be too knackered. So I'll stop overnight at Ilam Hall Youth Hostel. It's a grand old hall in the Peak District Dove Dale - beautiful scenery. I'll be returning by train and normally don't mind that but I have to change 3 times so not so much fun returning.

marc_chagall

Lovely place to stay! I've stopped in Ilam often and thought about staying at the hostel. Perfect setting.

starktheground

I'm exhausted. Today was the three-year-old's birthday, and tomorrow's the baby's first birthday. I think I just might have to start drinking energy drinks again just to get through the day.  :hidin: On the plus side, the kiddos are cute and healthy and enjoying themselves. I have so much appreciation for my own mother right now.

Ed

It's hard work when they're that age. I remember it well, though my wife took the brunt of the strain. Good times, though. That's what life's all about, isn't it? :afro:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

starktheground

True! They're all worth it, though. I try to remind myself how quick the time goes, so I can enjoy the moments even when they're tiring.

notsoscarey

Sorry I've been gone.  My finger is broken and it was/is a pain to type but it is healing.  My father passed away Monday night and this whole week I've just felt lost.  Hard to explain but I'm sure others know what I mean. 

marc_chagall

Definitely know what you mean. So sorry about your father. Not surprised you're feeling lost.

Ed

Sorry to hear about your dad. There's no broadside quite as bad as losing a close family member. It's a huge shock.

leatherdykeuk

That really sucks. My honest condolences.

Grillmeat

Sorry about your dad. Tough to loose someone that has "always" been there.  :'(
OMG!! Soylent Green is people!!!

Pharosian

So sorry to hear about your dad. You've really had a rough go of it these past few months. My sympathies are with you.

starktheground