gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge afro - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

gfx gfx
gfx
55850 Posts in 6180 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 December 14, 2017, 09:26:54 PM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 257 258 [259] 260 261 262 263 ... 323 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The good morning, good night thread  (Read 589117 times)
fnord33
Critter

« Reply #3870 on: April 30, 2012, 04:20:41 PM »

We've tried hooking it up as a slave in two PCs. It gets warm like it's working, but it sometimes makes a weird clicking noise. I think it registers to the computer, but doesn't show up in windows. This is the last time I buy Seagate. They apparently do this a lot. We've tried everything but freezing it. Might try that tonight. My 2 tb drive might have crapped out too, but it's brand new and didn't have much on it. Both my PCs and my phone are acting crazy all of a sudden. On one my bios is flaky and I can't plug all my drives in without it beeping all the time. Sometimes it beeps anyway. That's what I get for building my own out of stuff that was on sale without checking to make sure all the bits play nice together.  bangh 

Life is an entanglement of lies to hide it's basic mechanisms. - William Burroughs
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #3871 on: April 30, 2012, 06:43:03 PM »

It's been a long time since I've had to do it, so things may have changed, but when I piggybacked a bad drive onto a working one to recover the data I remember having to set it as a slave drive by moving some pins. Do you still have to do that, or have things moved on?

The only other way, if the drive has completely crapped out, is to take out the disk itself and transfer it to a working drive. That's a lot easier said than done, and you would have to have two drives exactly the same for it to work. It's the sort of thing you would only attempt as a last resort.

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #3872 on: May 01, 2012, 02:51:23 AM »

Will it ever stop raining? undecided

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
marc_chagall
« Reply #3873 on: May 01, 2012, 03:20:19 AM »

Yes. It has smiley
delboy
Global Moderator

« Reply #3874 on: May 01, 2012, 05:06:03 AM »

Hasn't stopped raining here in the Shire. In fact last night's rain was probably the heaviest yet. There was an awesome lightning display, too, albeit no thunder. I fear for the good folks of Tewkesbury again as the two rivers there are both getting beyond very high.

"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #3875 on: May 01, 2012, 04:07:21 PM »

We had torrential ran this morning, but the sun came out and stayed out at midday. By three I was complaining about the heat afro

Pharosian
Obelizer
Critter

« Reply #3876 on: May 01, 2012, 06:38:00 PM »

A thunderstorm passed through here about an hour ago, bringing hail to some regions. I can still hear the occasional rolling thunder even though the worst of the rain has stopped. What really irritates me, though, is that the local weathermen are currently monopolizing the airwaves. They're broadcasting nonstop, pre-empting all the regular programming. It's a freaking thunderstorm. Get over it!  pissed
Grillmeat
Critter

« Reply #3877 on: May 01, 2012, 07:52:38 PM »

Raining for the last couple of days here in Oregon too. Of course, one doesn't tend to get "good" weather around these parts until after the July 4th weekend.... Sad

OMG!! Soylent Green is people!!!
desertwomble
Coroner

« Reply #3878 on: May 01, 2012, 09:50:56 PM »

It's bloody hot here.

Summer's arrived, and they've still got the heater on in the outdoor swimming pool!

What a life, eh?

DW Cheesy

Geoff_N
Critter

« Reply #3879 on: May 04, 2012, 03:59:51 PM »

For once I can be with DW and complain about being too hot. Haha. Sadly only for a week though. We were on Lanzarote for a 7-day sun soak. Did a lot of catch up reading in the evenings after looking into craters and lava fields by day.

delboy
Global Moderator

« Reply #3880 on: May 05, 2012, 08:15:57 AM »

Had to turn back from this morning's planned cycle route due to vast amounts of flooding. Apparently it's the wrong sort of flooding though...

"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker
starktheground
Critter

« Reply #3881 on: May 05, 2012, 11:26:38 AM »

I had the strangest dream last night that I was in some unidentifiable place. It was hot and dry, and all the trees were brown; the houses were all built of mismatched materials. Anyway, I was with this mom and three little babies, and suddenly there was this massive flood and we had to grab the kids and run up the stairs into one of the strange houses. It was so scary, the way the house was swaying in the water and you could see it splashing at the windows. It was one of the scariest dreams I've ever had. Wonder what it meant.
Rev. Austin
loves you like his own sister.
Critter

"WHERE'S MY MONKEY?!"

« Reply #3882 on: May 05, 2012, 12:30:28 PM »

Sounds scary! I hope it's not a vision of things to come  Shocked

http://thissentenceishaunted.com
"Words to make you wet your pants."
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #3883 on: May 06, 2012, 05:43:35 AM »

I had the strangest dream last night that I was in some unidentifiable place. It was hot and dry, and all the trees were brown; the houses were all built of mismatched materials. Anyway, I was with this mom and three little babies, and suddenly there was this massive flood and we had to grab the kids and run up the stairs into one of the strange houses. It was so scary, the way the house was swaying in the water and you could see it splashing at the windows. It was one of the scariest dreams I've ever had. Wonder what it meant.

I wouldn't lend it much credence, but the house is meant to represent ourself, and an unsteady house means things are changing/uncertain. Going into a stranger's house might signify that you are uncertain about somebody's motivations. There are a few dream dictionaries online. This one is laden with adverts, but looks pretty comprehensive:

http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/h3.htm

starktheground
Critter

« Reply #3884 on: May 06, 2012, 12:44:07 PM »

That's interesting! I usually have weird dreams, but not ones that are quite so vivid. I got a story idea out of it though.  afro
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 257 258 [259] 260 261 262 263 ... 323 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx