News:

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed :smiley:

Main Menu

The good morning, good night thread

Started by Ed, October 22, 2007, 03:49:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed

Quote from: delboy on May 10, 2012, 03:39:44 PM
Yep, it was all me  :cool:  I had a spare track left over on the four track and I thought "What can I put on there?" I had a C harp in my drawer from a long time ago and the song was in C so I dropped it in. I'm no harp player - I just sucked and blew and what came out came out!

Cool :afro: You're a man of many talents.
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

starktheground

Geoff_N

Found my horror gangster story is in the top 10 at Ether Books - to be read on mobiles and handhelds. download the Ether App and find Doppelgangster --
http://bit.ly/bpvC84

Doppelgangster was critiqued here at CD along with other stories I have in Ether Books and getting a little royalty from the downloads. eg my Goliath story where he was a misunderstood child.

Rev. Austin

That's cool, Geoff  :afro: I've been thinking a lot lately about making some stuff available for download...hmmmm.

I like the song, Del - it put a montage in my head of living with hobos and travelling the States during the 1930s  ;)

It's my best mate's birthday today, so I'm off down to London to celebrate. I'm hoping some old friends who've moved down there can join us too, so we should end up with a nice little gang terrorising Dalston/Shoreditch  :grin:
facebook.com/waynegoodchildishaunted
Stay in touch! I don't mean that in a pervy way.

Pharosian

Quote from: Geoff_N on May 12, 2012, 03:21:29 AM
Found my horror gangster story is in the top 10 at Ether Books - to be read on mobiles and handhelds. download the Ether App and find Doppelgangster --

Doppelgangster was critiqued here at CD along with other stories I have in Ether Books and getting a little royalty from the downloads. eg my Goliath story where he was a misunderstood child.

Geoff, I just went to Ether Books (http://www.etherbooks.com/EtherContent.aspx) and did a search for Doppelgangster and couldn't find it. I then searched all genres for Geoff Nelder, and it came up with 3 hits: Goliath, In Absentia, and Descending Nelson. Where did Doppelgangster go?

Geoff_N

That is a puzzle. When I click on the --
link and click on view in iTunes I can see Doppelgangster there in the top ten but as you say if I search in the Ether apps it isn't. I have sent them a query. Being a new business there are bound to be snags.

Other news. You know how hard it is to arrange a meeting with even a handful of people. It took an hour for me to find an acceptable hotel / spa etc for just me and mrs N. Just as I was hitting the payment button, she says Oh I can't make our anniversary weekend because I have meetings at work on Friday pm and early Mon am. Grrrr. Start over. Finally booked Kenwood Hall the weekend after our 40th anniversary. This means on our actualy anniv I'll be able to go off for a long bike ride - yeay, result!

Pharosian

When I click "View in iTunes," it shows me MY iTunes library... nothing to do with Ether Books...

Geoff_N

Just had a comment from support saying they are experiencing a problem.

Geoff_N

Yeay, Doppelgangster is back up on Ether Books. While it was down my story slipped from 7th to 10th - don't know how many hundreds are on there though. Time to promo it again?
For those with a handheld / cellphone and want to read one of my tales of horror or SF then download the Ether App and find Doppelgangster -- http://bit.ly/bpvC84

Ed

Tad nervous about today. Going to see a potentially big client this afternoon. We quoted him for the work a while ago, and have heard through a third party that he's choosing between us and another firm. They're huge, national, with all the corporate stuff going on, and we're very small and unsophisticated in comparison, but we're eighty grand cheaper because of it. If we get this job it means a year's wages for me, so fingers crossed. I get the impression we will know one way or the other by the end of the day :afro:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Geoff_N

marc_chagall

Rev. Austin

Blimey, that'd be ace if you get it! Good luck, Ed!

Saturday night was ACE. We ended up in a modern day speakeasy haha my friend's friend works in this bar (I don't think it even has a name...) and he gave us cryptic instructions to find it, which was difficult because the entrance is sandwiched between two derelict shops, and is literally just a pair of doors with metal bars and old curtains obscuring the interior. We tentatively entered to find ourselves in a tiny room - barely six feet square - with dark green walls and cluttered with props (stuffed animals, typewriters, etc). A chap dressed like a vaudeville actor sat at a desk, and we got involved in a very disjointed 5 minute conversation, in which he kept saying "I'm hungry" with a knowing wink. When my friend finally offered him some gum, he smiled and said "Open the bookcase".

Bemused, we swung open the bookcase behind him to find another small room, once again filed with random things (aeroplane seats, a mannequin, more typewriters) and at the back, a set of stairs. We descended into a basement (again, dark green walls, littered with props like a dalek head and wooden cut out of a pulp-style dame). People were dancing at the back to old rock n roll, and there was a small bar counter in the middle against the wall, where two chaps (again dressed like vaudeville actors) served drinks! But, because they don't have a licence they sell vouchers, and you then hand those in to get drinks  :azn: it was very cool! I met lots of new people and danced almost non-stop until 5:30am, when the place closed. Definitely an unforgettable experience!
facebook.com/waynegoodchildishaunted
Stay in touch! I don't mean that in a pervy way.

starktheground

Good luck, Ed!

That sounds like an awesome experience, Rev! Too cool!

Ed

Thanks for all the crossed fingers. I think the meeting went well, but we still don't know whether or not we've got the job. The client is going to make a decision within two weeks, he said.

Rev -- the speakeasy sounds very cool :afro: