gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge afro - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

gfx gfx
gfx
55850 Posts in 6180 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 December 13, 2017, 08:00:38 AM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 270 271 [272] 273 274 275 276 ... 323 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The good morning, good night thread  (Read 588631 times)
Geoff_N
Critter

« Reply #4065 on: August 03, 2012, 03:37:06 AM »

I've already been disqualified talking about ARIA on one forum. Ha ha. And, wait for it, it's a cycling forum! I've been in the CTC (Cycle Touring Club) for decades and most of the posts on the forum are about cycle routes, incidents, techie stuff - and I contribute from time to time. My signature on my posts used to say "Hilarious, dangerous bike ride in Escaping Reality” and I think that generated a handful of sales. As you might know I got the idea of infectious amnesia after riding hard up a long Welsh hill. Maybe the extra oxygen to that brain cell that works, did the trick. So I posted an item in the CTC forum’s tea-shop section where non bike things can go. Headed how a bike ride produced ARIA, I told the tale of the cycle ride and how ARIA might not have existed otherwise. I left a link to my blog, which has purchase details. I received a message from the moderator saying he deleted my post and the links in my signature to my blog, publisher, etc and I wasn’t ever to mention my books again because they broke the rules about not making an income on the site. Making an income? Haha. It would be a miracle if I covered my costs with driving around the country doing signings, paying for adverts, etc. I asked that mod if he is also going to ban all the adverts for bike parts in the sales section of the CTC forum. Members are allowed to make money from bike bits but not from books inspired by a bike ride. Umm.

desertwomble
Coroner

« Reply #4066 on: August 03, 2012, 03:55:23 AM »

You're the one with the bazooka, Geoff. Sort the guy out.

DW Cheesy

delboy
Global Moderator

« Reply #4067 on: August 03, 2012, 01:08:16 PM »

Cyclists, eh! Pah.  bleh

"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #4068 on: August 09, 2012, 02:28:06 AM »

Still flat out busy with work. Trouble is, I'm flat out with paperwork when I'm not working with my hands. Every night this week I've been on it until around midnight, and then some more before work in the morning. Still, hopefully once I've got all the groundwork in place it'll get easier.

How's everybody else doing? smiley

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
delboy
Global Moderator

« Reply #4069 on: August 09, 2012, 03:38:34 PM »

Busy at work here, too. And busy with various bands when not working. No time for writng, I'm afraid. But looking forward to the last two weeks of August when I have some time off. Haven't had a break since February so can't wait!  cheers

"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker
starktheground
Critter

« Reply #4070 on: August 09, 2012, 08:56:05 PM »

My children have been keeping me pretty busy lately. Kids are A lot of work (you know, cause that's new news).  rolleyes Other than that, I've been writing a ton. Hoping to have my third novel completed within the next month or two, hopefully.
fnord33
Critter

« Reply #4071 on: August 10, 2012, 07:27:18 PM »

I just finished my "Once Upon an Apocalypse" entry, "Three Little Pigs and a Zombie."  cheers I'd forgotten about it until a few days ago when I saw they had postponed the deadline. I tried a British accent for the first time. Not sure how I did. If anyone would like to test it's authenticity, I'd be very grateful,  Wink but everybody seems pretty busy.     

Life is an entanglement of lies to hide it's basic mechanisms. - William Burroughs
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #4072 on: August 11, 2012, 04:16:33 AM »

Sounds interesting. Good luck with the submission afro If you post it in the crit group's mid session stories section I might be able to have a quick look sometime over the weekend. It wouldn't be a full crit, but maybe somebody else will have time. Worth a try smiley

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
delboy
Global Moderator

« Reply #4073 on: August 11, 2012, 07:39:34 AM »

Volume and variety of roadkill was noticeable on this morning's ride - two badgers, a fox, various birds including some big seagulls, rabbits, squirrels. and a rat. Perhaps it's the warm weather bringing them all out.

Robert B. Parker
notsoscarey
Grave Digger

« Reply #4074 on: August 11, 2012, 01:22:55 PM »

Back from vacation and a normal 8 hour work day.  Finally.  I enjoyed Fridays off over the summer, but working 10 hours was killing me (and my writing).  I wrote everyday this week and it feels great to have the words flow again.   cheers
fnord33
Critter

« Reply #4075 on: August 12, 2012, 05:55:06 AM »

Thanks Ed. I did. 

Life is an entanglement of lies to hide it's basic mechanisms. - William Burroughs
Pharosian
Obelizer
Critter

« Reply #4076 on: August 12, 2012, 12:45:29 PM »

Hoping to have my third novel completed within the next month or two, hopefully.

That's great, stark! What happened to the first two? Were they published? What are the titles?
desertwomble
Coroner

« Reply #4077 on: August 12, 2012, 12:52:48 PM »

My kids were suitably impressed with this limerick I wrote on Michael Phelps's admission that he pees in the swimming pool - by the way, for our American friends 'bog' = 'toilet':

The toilet might be a short jog
from the pool, but when needing the bog
Michael Phelps likes to pee
in lanes one, two and three,
whilst lane four is for laying a log.

DW Cheesy

starktheground
Critter

« Reply #4078 on: August 12, 2012, 08:57:17 PM »

Hoping to have my third novel completed within the next month or two, hopefully.

That's great, stark! What happened to the first two? Were they published? What are the titles?

Thanks Pharo! smiley The first was Stark the Ground, the second A Simple Haunting. Neither are published (or very good), but I love them regardless. This one is called Trinity's curse, and I feel good about it. It might be publishable after a few edits, but I'm not sure yet. There's some hiccups at the beginning I'll have to address first.  smiley
notsoscarey
Grave Digger

« Reply #4079 on: August 14, 2012, 09:11:22 PM »

Awesome limerick, there, DW!

3 novels...that is something to crow about!!!   dance  I've got one unpublished and two languishing. 
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 270 271 [272] 273 274 275 276 ... 323 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx