gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed smiley

gfx gfx
gfx
55850 Posts in 6180 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 December 16, 2017, 05:41:06 PM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 295 296 [297] 298 299 300 301 ... 323 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The good morning, good night thread  (Read 589714 times)
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #4440 on: November 12, 2013, 01:21:19 PM »

Congrats afro That's probably more people than have ever read anything by me.

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
marc_chagall
« Reply #4441 on: November 12, 2013, 01:36:43 PM »

Congrats! As I don't have any books in Irish libraries, I suppose I can't complain that they haven't paid me.  scratch
desertwomble
Coroner

« Reply #4442 on: November 14, 2013, 10:48:36 AM »

Yippeeeee! Cafe Doom's working again on my computer at home.!

DW Cheesy

Geoff_N
Critter

« Reply #4443 on: November 14, 2013, 06:53:03 PM »

I was really shook up on Monday when on a regular weekly visit to my father-in-law I found him prone on his kitchen floor. He's 89 and had a few falls lately. He shouted at us not to send for an ambulance but we had to. He's still in hospital confused but content and getting better.

Well done, Del. English PLR is so unfair. They have an algorithm based on county averages but Cheshire hasn't been sampled for years nor is it scheduled to be. I have some books in Shropshire and Lancashire libraries but not as many. On the other hand I get about £86 from ACLS. I can't imagine anyone photocopying my stories so it must be from the non-fiction pieces I've had published in weather, computing and cycling mags. Or, as my kind wife points out, more likely they've mixed me up with the other Geoff Nelder. He's been published in several academic journals. I wonder if he is wondering why his ACLS statement is zero?

fnord33
Critter

« Reply #4444 on: November 15, 2013, 05:28:18 AM »

I finally met with my cover artist today. I'm a little annoyed that it took  us so long to get together, but it's going to be worth the wait. He seems as excited about it as I am. We might end up working on a series of graphic novels together based on his god/dog paintings. https://www.facebook.com/wcanty/media_set?set=a.1024485210604.2003936.1179453384&type=3

These pics don't do his work justice, but he doesn't seem to have much posted online. 

Life is an entanglement of lies to hide it's basic mechanisms. - William Burroughs
delboy
Global Moderator

« Reply #4445 on: November 15, 2013, 05:45:05 AM »

This week has been intense to say the least - and there's still the best part of a day to go. Shall be looking forward to a beer tonight! And tomorrow night. And Sunday... Heh. Maybe only tonight.

Cheers
Derek

"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #4446 on: November 15, 2013, 08:24:18 AM »

Yep, looking forward to my takeaway dinner tonight with a nice bottle of wine -- only another four hours to go afro

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
marc_chagall
« Reply #4447 on: December 09, 2013, 04:34:58 AM »

Come on you flashers! Last week only me and Rachel wrote a flash; only me and Rachel voted. Not good enough. Where were you guys?  pissed
delboy
Global Moderator

« Reply #4448 on: December 09, 2013, 05:05:06 AM »

Guilty as charged. Have been really enjoying reading and writing the flashes over the last month or two. But alas, the screw gets ever tighter and it's been tougher than normal to find any time recently. Roll on Christmas!   

"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker
marc_chagall
« Reply #4449 on: December 09, 2013, 05:26:58 AM »

Yeah, it's fair enough that people don't have time to write them - I think I was just a bit disappointed that nobody voted, though I know the poll's only open a short time, and it's easy to forget.

I have more time to write at the moment - will have less at Christmas as the house will be full of family. Middle daughter is going to be staying nearly a month!
desertwomble
Coroner

« Reply #4450 on: December 09, 2013, 05:54:43 AM »

Come on you flashers! Last week only me and Rachel wrote a flash; only me and Rachel voted. Not good enough. Where were you guys?  pissed

Sorry, Cathy, I moved flat yesterday and had no internet access - as well as running about like a blue-butted fly.

By the way, I was the third vote the week before and feel it's a bit unfair all round being the casting vote.

DW Cheesy

delboy
Global Moderator

« Reply #4451 on: December 09, 2013, 06:38:10 AM »

it's a bit unfair all round being the casting vote.

You're the new Louis Walsh!

Robert B. Parker
fnord33
Critter

« Reply #4452 on: December 09, 2013, 05:23:56 PM »

I wonder how many people are still around, but not posting. Lurkers sound off!

Do you guys know any sculptors that work with Sculpey, Fimo or the like? I need a 4 inch figure of Cakey to use in my book trailer and as a stretch goal for my kickstarter page. 

Life is an entanglement of lies to hide it's basic mechanisms. - William Burroughs
desertwomble
Coroner

« Reply #4453 on: December 09, 2013, 07:19:10 PM »

it's a bit unfair all round being the casting vote.

You're the new Louis Walsh!

But without his salary. Sad

DW Cheesy
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 07:21:50 PM by desertwomble » Logged

Ed
Administrator

« Reply #4454 on: December 10, 2013, 05:58:10 PM »

Yo  afro Still lurking here. It really is silly season at the moment, though. Like Del, I've been run ragged the past week or more. I've spent some days from 8 till 8 on the computer, so the last thing I want to do is go back on it in my spare time, unfortunately. Still, only a week and a bit to go and then I can take a breather for a few days. Off to Egypt again for Christmas -- thought I'd have another run at that pneumonia I got there last time

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 295 296 [297] 298 299 300 301 ... 323 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx