gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge :afro: - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

gfx gfx
gfx
55962 Posts in 6183 Topics by 1808 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 September 18, 2021, 02:48:28 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Cafe Doom  |  General Discussions  |  General Discussion  |  The good morning, good night thread
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: The good morning, good night thread  (Read 1397624 times)

Offline Russell

• Coffin Maker
Re: The good morning, good night thread
« Reply #4920 on: April 15, 2021, 01:21:11 PM »
1st lockdown I lost a bit (of weight), 2nd and 3rd I gained it all back and more ... but not 28 lbs.  That's not to say much - I need to lose at least double that to get to anything close to a sensible weight.  Weight aside, things are fine.  I also nearly wrote 10 words!

Offline Ed

• The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
  • Administrator
  • Coroner
  • Don't look behind you!!!!!
« Reply #4921 on: May 04, 2021, 03:38:24 AM »
Good on you, Russel. I'm still doing the 5:2 diet, today being a fasting day (ouch), I'm also doing the 100 push-ups a day for Cancer Research, which is hard work. Raised about £200 for them so far. Got my second covid jab today, at 11am, so I'm guessing the press-ups are going to be harder tomorrow. I remember last time my arm felt like when somebody gave you a dead arm at school, only it lasted all day.

My most recent scan showed swollen lymph nodes in my lungs, meaning the cancer may have spread. Got to have another scan in a couple of months to see for sure. Think I'm in for a rough ride, guys.
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Offline delboy

• Global Moderator
  • Coroner
    • Website
« Reply #4922 on: May 13, 2021, 04:02:10 PM »
Bloody hell, Ed. Fingers crossed for you, buddy. Hope there's more smooth bits than rough bits on your ride, and a nice ending.
"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker

Offline Ed

• The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
  • Administrator
  • Coroner
  • Don't look behind you!!!!!
« Reply #4923 on: May 18, 2021, 06:07:29 AM »
Thanks Del. Yep, staying positive and keeping fit. I think training up to the operation helped a lot with recovery. I stepped it up the week before. I'll try and keep it going as long as possible. Perhaps strangely, I'm still not scared. Glad about that -- just goes to show things could always be worse.

Doing 100 push-up a day in May for Cancer Research (no atheists in foxholes). Have done 1,800 so far this month :o and raised £210 for the cause. Wish me luck
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Offline elay2433

• Critter
  • Coroner
« Reply #4924 on: September 15, 2021, 06:24:01 PM »
Oh man. I'm sorry to hear that, Ed. I hope things are looking better for you.

Cafe Doom  |  General Discussions  |  General Discussion  |  The good morning, good night thread

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines Page created in 0.084 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx