gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed :smiley:

gfx gfx
gfx
55951 Posts in 6183 Topics by 1808 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 October 27, 2020, 07:37:53 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Cafe Doom  |  The Critique Crypt  |  General writing chat  |  Anyone doing NaNoWriMo?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Anyone doing NaNoWriMo?  (Read 19404 times)

Offline sylvrilyn

• Grave Digger
    • Cuke Luna
Anyone doing NaNoWriMo?
« on: November 02, 2007, 01:48:11 PM »
I am.  :)  My name's the same over there.  I was having such a hard time deciding which story to write (one planned out nicely and one shiny new idea), so I'm attempting to write 2x50k this month.  :cheesy:  The planned one is YA fantasy, but the unplanned one is probably going to have some darker elements, as well as more humor.  I hope.

Anyone else?

Offline Sallyq

• Mortician
    • Sally Quilford
Re: Anyone doing NaNoWriMo?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 02:06:01 PM »
Yes, I'm doing it. This is my fifth year of NaNoWing. I'm posting it here as it happens http://sallyq2007nanonovel.blogspot.com/

warts and all... :shocked: Oh and I'm asking people for Plot Ninjas to help prompt me. So if anyone has anymore, I'll add them to the list and link to your website or blog if you have one.

Offline Ed

• The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
  • Administrator
  • Coroner
  • Don't look behind you!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 02:21:35 PM »
I keep planning to do it, but haven't got around to it yet. It always seems to come at a time when I'm too busy to spare the hours needed to do it. Part of my problem is that I type too slowly to churn out a useful wordcount each and every night.

Sally - what's a plot ninja? :scratch:

Good luck to all those having a go this time around :afro:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Offline Sallyq

• Mortician
    • Sally Quilford
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 02:40:19 PM »
 :D Explanation here Ed, (someone else asked me too) http://quillersplace.blogspot.com/2007/11/ask-sally-23-plot-ninjas.html

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Coroner
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 03:10:23 PM »
Ah right, I get it. A while back I remember seeing a writing comp where entrants had to include all sorts of weird things in their story, midgets, pirate ships, all sorts of stuff. Looked like fun, but I wonder how many people could be bothered to do it in a short story. Good idea to keep you interested in your Nano novel, though - I can imagine a few plot ninjas are quite welcome.

Thanks for the explanation :afro:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Offline Sallyq

• Mortician
    • Sally Quilford
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 03:25:15 PM »
The Plot Ninja I got from fellow blogger Womagwriter today led to a whole side story, so I'd say it definitely works :cheers:

Offline PaulH

• Mortician
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2007, 04:06:38 PM »
I'm doing NaNo as well. Managed it for the last two years, not so sure if I can make it three in a row. Also involved in SlingInk's Eurfiction competition (short story every 2 weeks), plus trying to catch up on college work for my teaching assistant's course and write a story for a collection I've promised to contribute to. I'm just a boy who can't say no!

Offline sylvrilyn

• Grave Digger
    • Cuke Luna
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2007, 04:36:05 PM »
Glad to see there are others here doing it.   :evil:  I've won some, lost some.  Sounds like you're *really* busy, Paul!  Yikes.  I did successfully do NaNo last year while in grad school, though, so I have confidence in you!

Took a peek at your NaNo blog, Sally -- looks fun.  I'm going to have to add it to my list of things to sneak reading time for.  ;)

Off to try to get a few hundred more words before work!

Offline Sallyq

• Mortician
    • Sally Quilford
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2007, 04:48:06 PM »
Thanks Sylvirlyn! You'll be a welcome visitor. Don't be afraid to leave a message. There's a nice community of bloggers who pop in every now and again.

Offline PaulH

• Mortician
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2007, 04:58:20 AM »
Thank goodness! One thing off my plate! Nano all done.

Offline Sallyq

• Mortician
    • Sally Quilford
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2007, 05:10:26 AM »
Oh well done, Paul  :cheers:

I've got about 4,600 words to go yet.

Offline Sallyq

• Mortician
    • Sally Quilford
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2007, 08:26:26 AM »
And I've finished!  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

That means I can do what I want for the rest of this week and what I want to do now is watch Die Hard 4... :grin:

Offline canadian

• Coroner
  • amphibian
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2007, 09:39:29 AM »
Oh no! You've written THE END on Planet Zarg? Reading each day's installment was the best fun I had all month.

*thinks* This doesn't mean you'll now have more time for Scrabulous, will it? Quick ... start writing another novel or something, willya?  :bleh:
If people stand in a circle long enough, they will eventually begin to dance. -- George Carlin

Offline Sallyq

• Mortician
    • Sally Quilford
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2007, 11:43:56 AM »
 :bleh: As if I could ever not find time for Scrabulous!

Thanks for the kind words, Donna. It was a crazy story, wasn't it? And I couldn't have written it without the help of all the plot ninjas (but if someone wants to pay me zillions for it, I'm keeping the royalties, okay ;) No, I'm not holding my breath.)

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Coroner
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2007, 03:04:30 PM »
Well done for getting done ahead of time, you two :afro: (and for getting it done at all in the first place)

I keep meaning to have a go at it, but so far haven't, and I'm not sure why, really :scratch: Good luck with the rest of yours Silvrilyn :smiley:

Cafe Doom  |  The Critique Crypt  |  General writing chat  |  Anyone doing NaNoWriMo?

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines Page created in 0.14 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx