gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed :smiley:

gfx gfx
gfx
55951 Posts in 6183 Topics by 1808 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 October 26, 2020, 05:28:19 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Cafe Doom  |  The Dark Arts  |  Miscellaneous  |  A few photos
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A few photos  (Read 12391 times)

Offline SamLeeFreak

• Coroner
  • Come here, let me creep you out.
Re: A few photos
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2007, 07:16:40 PM »
I like the bull best. He's a cutie!  :grin:

Offline Ed

• The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
  • Administrator
  • Coroner
  • Don't look behind you!!!!!
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2007, 07:26:04 PM »
That's an Aberdeen Angus - a Highland breed (good beef cattle). Some of them had very long horns I seem to remember. It's just as well they're pretty docile with headgear like that, but then I don't suppose their eyesight is all that great with that mop of hair in the way :grin:

Maybe they're not actually docile at all - just oblivious to their environs?
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

delph_ambi

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2007, 05:39:14 AM »
Ooh... those are excellent. I must try scanning in some of my transparencies. Not sure I can though. I have an appropriate scanner (Nikon) but it's ancient, and son reckons it won't connect with my not so ancient pc. There must be a way... You're right about the colours. They're really special.

To continue the Scottish theme, here's a dog that lives in the sea at Plockton.

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Coroner
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2007, 12:25:05 PM »
Thanks. I don't know how it makes a difference, but the colours definitely look more saturated with transparencies - even when you compare them with pics taken on 100 ASO film. Bit of a nuisance getting them printed, though. I guess your old printer uses a serial port connector, rather than a USB. Funny how these things become obsolete so quickly. I guess your best bet would be to hitch up the scanner to an old PC and burn everything to disk while you still can :/

Plockton's an idyllic looking spot - very picturesque :smiley: The light is different in Scotland, isn't it? Strange kind of gunmetal grey to the skies in winter (driche, as they say), and even in summer everything looks like it's got a soft filter on it. Muted, somehow.

We went touring up around Inverness, Oban, and all over the place. I liked it, and look forward to doing it again sometime :smiley:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Offline sylvrilyn

• Grave Digger
    • Cuke Luna
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2007, 11:05:41 PM »
Oh, Ed, that last one is amazing!  I want to move....

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Coroner
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2007, 05:18:49 AM »
Thanks :smiley: That last one was taken on Loch Ness. You can almost imagine a large serpentine neck arching out of the water in the background, can't you?

Offline SamLeeFreak

• Coroner
  • Come here, let me creep you out.
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2007, 12:35:57 PM »
That's an Aberdeen Angus - a Highland breed (good beef cattle).

Highland cattle.... there can be only one.

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Coroner
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2007, 12:52:25 PM »
 :grin:

Offline sylvrilyn

• Grave Digger
    • Cuke Luna
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2007, 02:33:31 PM »
Thanks :smiley: That last one was taken on Loch Ness. You can almost imagine a large serpentine neck arching out of the water in the background, can't you?

Definitely.  *wishes for a Loch Ness monster smiley*

Cafe Doom  |  The Dark Arts  |  Miscellaneous  |  A few photos

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines Page created in 0.623 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx