gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed smiley

gfx gfx
gfx
55850 Posts in 6180 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 December 16, 2017, 01:58:20 AM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Crepuscular rays over Conwy  (Read 4171 times)
Geoff_N
Critter

« on: November 19, 2007, 05:37:42 PM »

SamLeeFreak
Coroner

Come here, let me creep you out.

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 05:41:56 PM »

yes
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 05:50:42 PM »

Stunning afro I love to see rays like that - they look surreal, don't they? Is that a cable lift in the foreground, or power lines? Can't tell, but it looks a bit like Scotland to me, so it could be a ski lift scratch

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
Geoff_N
Critter

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 06:02:22 PM »

There is a literary story behind this photo.
On Saturday - Nov 17th 2007 - I travelled to Llandudno to support a friend's book signing in Waterstones. I didn't know until I arrived there ,with my camera ready to snap him surrounded by book buyers, that it had been cancelled! Not wanting to waste the day, nor the pixels waiting to be filled in my digi cam, I climbed to the summit of nearby Great Orme and snapped this shot.

I could have painfully removed the cable car cable showing but it is a reminder that it leads to the copper mines under the spot I stood on. Those copper mines were ancient when the ancient Romans stumbled upon them in AD80!

'umbling ain't it?

Geoff

JonP
Critter

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 07:34:08 PM »

Excellent  afro

I'm definitely going to have to move ...

Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 03:14:46 AM »

I don't think the cable detracts enough to worry about retouching the photo. That must be one hell of a vein of copper bearing ore for the mine to have been around for a couple thousand years whoah

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
delph_ambi
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2007, 04:56:26 AM »

Good shot. Last time I was on the Great Orme I spent my time photographing the goats. Never thought to look at the view...  undecided
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx