gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge afro - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

gfx gfx
gfx
55861 Posts in 6181 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 November 21, 2018, 03:39:26 PM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Derek & More Micro-Fiction  (Read 2671 times)
delph_ambi
« on: November 21, 2007, 08:01:35 AM »

Just received my contributor's copy of 'Derek' from Leaf Books (I have a couple of stories in the anthology). Interesting point: their previous micro-fiction contests have had a word limit of 300, but for this one they raised it to 500, and complain that too many people tried to write to the limit, so used far more words than their stories justified. One of my stories which was commended and is therefore in the anthology has only has 58 words. Just goes to show - be wary of the temptation to write to the word limit.
Sallyq
Mortician

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 08:47:25 AM »

Well done, Cathy afro I got my copy of The Dogstar and other Science Fiction stories the other day. Leaf do a nice job with these anthologies, don't they?

SharonBell
Critter

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 09:20:48 AM »

Good job!!  dance dance

"Be good and you'll be lonesome." Mark Twain

www.sharonbuchbinder.com
delph_ambi
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 09:59:33 AM »

Thanks Sally and Sharon.

Yes, Leaf produce a good product. They take a lot more care over proofreading than some anthologies I've been in. Hate it when you send back a perfect copy, and they muck it up somewhere along the way. Leaf have always been meticulous with my stuff.
SamLeeFreak
Coroner

Come here, let me creep you out.

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 11:12:33 AM »

grin
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 02:37:18 PM »

Well done, Delph afro Leaf is a bit literary, isn't it?

It's pretty rare that I finish under the limit in a flash story - I usually have to edit mine down to squeek in with a word or two to spare, but then 500 is a very generous limit. I'm more used to limits between 200 and 350. Perhaps I would be alright scratch

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
delph_ambi
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 05:13:06 PM »

Leaf is very literary, of course (they've published me and Sally after all).  Wink
Sallyq
Mortician

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2007, 03:50:34 AM »

Now I'd have thought them publishing me was proof to the contrary Wink

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx