News:

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed :smiley:

Main Menu

Donald Maass Interview: Parts 1 and 2

Started by SharonBell, December 09, 2007, 10:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SharonBell

One of the most successful agents in the field, Donald Maass wrote: Writing the Breakout Novel as well as a workbook for the same name. He has worked in London and NYC, published across a number of genres including ROMANCE, and is cited by almost every writing instructor I've worked with.  Here are the links to the interviews.

http://writerunboxed.com/2007/11/30/interview-donald-maass-part-1/
http://writerunboxed.com/2007/12/07/interview-donald-maass-part-2/
"Be good and you'll be lonesome." Mark Twain

www.sharonbuchbinder.com

Ed

Thanks for that, Sharon :afro: No time to read it now, but I will return :ssmiley probably at Christmas, at the rate things are going.
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

delph_ambi

Good interview. Highly recommended. Only takes a few minutes to read.

JonP

SharonBell

DH and I have reservations for Florida the end of January--and I found an all day workshop with Donald Maass (and his workbook) in Ft Myers with the Southwest Florida Romance Writers. Ed, I fear I shall miss you that weekend while you're in Baltimore/Towson  :'( But I promise to post good scoop on it afterward. I look forward to your tales from the Borderlands!

www.sharonbuchbinder.com

Ed

Oh well - my mother warned me against visiting with strange women I meet on the internet, anyway :/ I hope you enjoy the workshop with Donald Maas, and the Florida sunshine, too, of course. :smiley:

I booked my flights last week, and it worked out a lot less money than I thought. Plus I managed to get a direct flight from Heathrow to Baltimore, which is nice - I expected to have to change planes in New York. Looking forward to the bootcamp, but still have lots of crits to do beforehand. Hopefully I'll get more time over the holidays :smiley:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

SharonBell

Quote from: Ed on December 21, 2007, 03:48:04 AM
I managed to get a direct flight from Heathrow to Baltimore, which is nice - I expected to have to change planes in New York.

That's great news, Ed. Changing planes in NYC would be a madhouse. Glad you found a direct flight.  :sthumb: Good luck with all the crits. It is time intensive, but your comments will be very helpful to the rest of the campers.

www.sharonbuchbinder.com