gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge afro - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

gfx gfx
gfx
55884 Posts in 6181 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 January 28, 2020, 02:58:24 AM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Donald Maass Interview: Parts 1 and 2  (Read 5808 times)
SharonBell
Critter

« on: December 09, 2007, 10:43:32 PM »

One of the most successful agents in the field, Donald Maass wrote: Writing the Breakout Novel as well as a workbook for the same name. He has worked in London and NYC, published across a number of genres including ROMANCE, and is cited by almost every writing instructor I've worked with.  Here are the links to the interviews.

http://writerunboxed.com/2007/11/30/interview-donald-maass-part-1/
http://writerunboxed.com/2007/12/07/interview-donald-maass-part-2/

"Be good and you'll be lonesome." Mark Twain

www.sharonbuchbinder.com
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 03:47:01 AM »

Thanks for that, Sharon afro No time to read it now, but I will return probably at Christmas, at the rate things are going.

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
delph_ambi
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 10:22:27 AM »

Good interview. Highly recommended. Only takes a few minutes to read.
JonP
Critter

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 10:50:19 AM »

Yes, that's excellent. 

SharonBell
Critter

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 10:51:07 PM »

DH and I have reservations for Florida the end of January--and I found an all day workshop with Donald Maass (and his workbook) in Ft Myers with the Southwest Florida Romance Writers. Ed, I fear I shall miss you that weekend while you're in Baltimore/Towson  Cry But I promise to post good scoop on it afterward. I look forward to your tales from the Borderlands!

www.sharonbuchbinder.com
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2007, 03:48:04 AM »

Oh well - my mother warned me against visiting with strange women I meet on the internet, anyway undecided I hope you enjoy the workshop with Donald Maas, and the Florida sunshine, too, of course. smiley

I booked my flights last week, and it worked out a lot less money than I thought. Plus I managed to get a direct flight from Heathrow to Baltimore, which is nice - I expected to have to change planes in New York. Looking forward to the bootcamp, but still have lots of crits to do beforehand. Hopefully I'll get more time over the holidays smiley

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
SharonBell
Critter

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2007, 09:06:44 AM »

I managed to get a direct flight from Heathrow to Baltimore, which is nice - I expected to have to change planes in New York.

That's great news, Ed. Changing planes in NYC would be a madhouse. Glad you found a direct flight.  Good luck with all the crits. It is time intensive, but your comments will be very helpful to the rest of the campers.

www.sharonbuchbinder.com
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx