News:

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed :smiley:

Main Menu

Very striking

Started by Ed, December 30, 2004, 08:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed

I'd love to be as skilled as this guy -  :o

http://www.skjoldbroder.dk/index.html

(Elemental Dryad)  I've no idea what a Dryad is, but her facial features are a tad butch.  The rest is fantastic though :2thumbs:

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Neuromancer

Yeah the face looks like something you find in a car accident

The rst is very nice

Since a dryad is a woodland fairie, perhaps the artist should be showing us a little bush?

:lol:  I kill me

Yes I am a writer, but my critics call me a typist.--Salem's Lot

sepia

A Dryad is a tree nymph in Greek Mythology.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dryad

From personal observation, many are seen in pre-Raphaelite & pagan art.

The Dryad by Evelyn De Morgan
"For those of us that believe in physics, this separation between past, present, & future is only an illusion, however tenacious." -- Albert Einstein

Walker

That's an amazing image! I wish I had that kind of skill, I think I'll stick with words. Seeing these incredible productions really makes for some great inspiration. I wonder about the validity of opening a joint type of challenge. Maybe the writers could try thier hand at a story inspired by an image, while the image-masters(?) could come up with a GFX to compliment a story. Is that a lame idea? I'm not sure, but it sounds like fun.
"Lord, here comes the flood, we will say goodbye to flesh and blood. If, again, the seas are silent in any still alive, it'll be those who gave their island to survive. Drink up, dreamers, you're running dry."
Peter Gabriel.

Ed

I've tried to get something like that up and running before, but it never seems to take off.  No idea why, but I think it's a great idea in principle :/
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

sepia

Me! Me! Ask me!!  :cheers:

No seriously, that would be fun. Is that going on anywhere in here? I get caught up in other stuff, but I eventually get to it. Occasionally I have to leave the computer..............
"For those of us that believe in physics, this separation between past, present, & future is only an illusion, however tenacious." -- Albert Einstein

Ed

Quote from: sepia on March 25, 2005, 05:11:32 PM
Me! Me! Ask me!!  :cheers:

No seriously, that would be fun. Is that going on anywhere in here? I get caught up in other stuff, but I eventually get to it. Occasionally I have to leave the computer..............

Same here - busy, busy, busy... and then some :/ 

I see you found the old thread, and I'm looking forward to seeing what you and Walker cook up between you.  If you ever fancy creating some artwork inspired by any stories on the site, that would be great too.  What I would like to do is make each page of the website a visual feast, combined with a great read.  I haven't got the skills or the time to make stunning images - I'm OK with image manips and working with photos, but anything original, from scratch, is beyond me.

sepia

This past summer I had to do comletely photos, my eyes went out on me last spring during animation classes (which I still have to complete, and here I am playing instead), but my favorites are traditionals. I have a site over at DevArt but it is pretty cheesie, I opened it the moment I got the computer hack to show I wasn't completely a radical. All very family type stuff, well most, except for some nudes I put up there and then chose to pull when I had my name recognized on messenger and started getting invites to view nudes of the older teen males. First, not my sty;le--the young boy thing; 2nd, I was a bit too old for that. But, my page views jumped immensely. A few are still out on the web, but not on my site.