gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge afro - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

gfx gfx
gfx
55850 Posts in 6180 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 December 14, 2017, 09:41:30 PM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Whatever  (Read 14233 times)
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« on: October 11, 2004, 02:51:20 PM »

Just a test post to see if this thing works  heh

God those smilies are ugly....

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
Lo/Rez
Stiff

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004, 11:02:45 PM »

I shall be known as #2.    heh

Ed
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2004, 04:22:04 AM »

...I shall call him...Mini Me.

grin

(got to do something about these smilies - they're wank)

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
Lo/Rez
Stiff

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2004, 02:24:18 AM »

Very nice logo.
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2004, 04:13:47 AM »

Very nice logo.

Thanks dude - shame I can't get it centered, but for some reason I can't edit the template...the admin control panel says that it doesn't exist grin

I've got to work on the front page of the site some more (a lot more).  I put it up for C&C and it got panned by the critics, but I agree with what they said.  Gonna have to think a bit harder about it. smiley

Lo/Rez
Stiff

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2004, 04:23:22 AM »

The logo looks fine on the left.
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2004, 07:48:29 PM »

Just as well, cause I can't move it, and the developer on their forum that was helping me with it seems to have given up heh

I've spent most of tonight re-designing the website, so hopefully within a day or two I should have something a little more minimalist up there, but frankly I think I'm crap at web design - I should stick to writing grin

Ed
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2004, 05:45:52 PM »

I've got most of the way thru the site mods, and it looks a bit better, but like I said, I'm crap at making layouts.

I was searching around on google last night for some images that I could use on the 'cafe' theme....and found some pics of Columbine's cafe area after the shootings whoah  Wonder if that's a bit too extreme to use? grin

Lo/Rez
Stiff

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2004, 06:20:35 PM »

yeah, I think that may be just a bit too extreme.
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2004, 04:10:37 AM »

Ghhod this is stretching my braincells.  Photoshop makes such crap layouts, I wonder why they offer the facility in the first place.  You might as well throw away all their code and start from scratch - it's useless for making anything other than a splash page.  The whole thing blows apart as soon as you add any text to the fields, because it doesn't resize.  Dreamweaver doesn't help, and neither does Frontpage - you import the html document, change the images into backgrounds, etc., nest tables and stuff, thinking it should do it all in a way that will work automatically in a browser, but it doesn't!  What's the point in making a WYSIWYG prog if what you see isn't what you fucking get??? rolleyes

The best WYSIWYG I've used so far is one that aiwazz suggested - Sitespinner, but I can't get it to export the finished site in html grin  Bastard thing....

Lo/Rez
Stiff

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2004, 06:54:31 AM »

I'm as lost as you are.
Go tell them your problems at IP2P.   confused
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2004, 06:19:46 PM »

I'm as lost as you are.
Go tell them your problems at IP2P.   confused

There isn't much point really - I've just got to figure it out for myself.  I've read up on everything I can find on importing Imageready slices, and everybody says the same thing - throw away the code and just use the slices heh 

It's just a shame that you can't salvage anything else.  Trouble is that I learn how to do all this shit, then don't do it for six months, and by the time I come to do it again, I've forgotten most of what I learned before - must be Alzheimer's kicking in grin

speyeder
Web-Slinger
Stiff

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2004, 12:23:27 AM »

Brain-cell stretching started the day I got my first pc, life before that was less cerebral in a way.  Wink

Nice place you got here!!!!! I like the look of it, too. I was about one click away from having Kurt Cobain for my avatar, but decided I didn't want to be a dead guy.  heh
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2004, 04:29:40 PM »

Hey, Spey, how ya doin? heh  These smilies are wank, aren't they?  Got to change them....

Have you got the bug for html yet?  I was picturing you off behind the scenes somewhere building your first webpage.  You should have a go; I think you'd get a kick out of it smiley

Glad you like the look of the place, I'm hoping to get it ready for the grand opening on Halloween, but I've got a lot of work to do before then.  BTW, I only chose Arm Pit for my avatar because women seem to drool over him, and frankly I could do with the attention Wink grin

Ed
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2004, 01:32:00 PM »

I'm gradually getting my shit together with the site, but I'm still not 100% happy with the template yet, so I'll work on it a bit more, then I'll start posting some stories and artwork.  Going to send an invitation out to a few folks I know on different sites, and hopefully they'll contribute a few stories as well, to get the ball rolling smiley

Neuromancer
Indefatigable Misanthrope
Mortician

Semper Veritas

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2004, 11:15:24 PM »

Looks good so far mate..

CAnt wait to see some more content here...Wink

Yes I am a writer, but my critics call me a typist.--Salem's Lot
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2004, 06:25:55 AM »

Thanks, Neuro.  I can't wait for the content to start rolling in either.  If you're a dark fiction fan, stay tuned tho - I've asked a few very good writers to contribute some of their stories here.  Keep an eye out for Gazza, Hulsey and NB.  They've got the talent and originality to keep you entertained and on the edge of your seat.  I'll throw a few of mine into the ring too, and we'll see what happens heh

Troglodyte
A bit of Northern rough
Coffin Maker

Trog's having to eat his words

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2004, 08:00:48 AM »

Hi there Blunt. I've ported over from another site (you know the one I'm talking about Wink)

I like what I see, and like the other replies on this thread, would like to see some content. To that end, I'll endeavour to post a short piece later this evening.

Writing, when properly managed, (as you may be sure I think mine is) is but a different name for conversation.

Laurence Sterne (1713-1768)
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2004, 08:39:09 AM »

Thanks, mate heh  I'll get on and post a couple myself, and I'll try to get a few gfx people here as well, but I want to get the site finished before too many people get here - a broken front page is a bad advert :-\

BTW, the new posts button is hidden - if you click on the triangle next to the 'home' button at the top of the page, it'll open up a field showing your personal info, plus a new replies, and 'unread posts since your last visit' thingy heh
« Last Edit: October 24, 2004, 08:44:03 AM by blunt » Logged

Vivacious
Resident Hottie
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2004, 07:57:31 AM »

Hello Troglodyte, *waves*

Hi ya Neuro,  Wink

Blunt, I mentioned a new original horror and dark tales forum and got a pleasant surprise: people are interested!

Launch date still set for Halloween? I won't pass the link around till you give the go ahead, captain.

Troglodyte
A bit of Northern rough
Coffin Maker

Trog's having to eat his words

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2004, 08:28:04 AM »

Good afternoon (as it is here at the mo.) Viv, if I can be so formal. Pleasure to meet you.

I've answered old man blunt's call (sadly via a rather moribund site we both frequent) for some bodies to get this venture up and running.

Writing, when properly managed, (as you may be sure I think mine is) is but a different name for conversation.

Laurence Sterne (1713-1768)
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2004, 01:24:10 PM »

Hello Troglodyte, *waves*

Hi ya Neuro,  Wink

Blunt, I mentioned a new original horror and dark tales forum and got a pleasant surprise: people are interested!

Launch date still set for Halloween? I won't pass the link around till you give the go ahead, captain.

Thanks, Viv heh  Interested?  Really?  Good, glad to hear it smiley  I've got the front page template sorted out now, so it's just a matter of putting a few pages together full of content, to make the site 'real' rather than just one page grin  I'll get on with all that tonight.

So that's pretty much there, and yeah, still hoping to kick off properly on Halloween, number four heh

Ed
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2004, 03:35:50 PM »

As you can see, I've added a few smilies.  A few need a bit of a trim, but that's bottom of my list of priorities right now - they'll do until I can get around to it heh

Neuromancer
Indefatigable Misanthrope
Mortician

Semper Veritas

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2004, 07:53:15 AM »

I will try spamming pro net too

Only in the educated Coffee tea and bespoke room though Wink

There are a lot of really interesting people over there (and quite a few from your neck o the woods I might add)

Perhaps you would nae complain about trogs brogue so much if we had a few more scots bandieing about in unintelligable broken english Wink

Heh heh

Yes I am a writer, but my critics call me a typist.--Salem's Lot
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx