gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge afro - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

gfx gfx
gfx
55850 Posts in 6180 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 December 13, 2017, 07:51:18 AM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do you notice....  (Read 4775 times)
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« on: October 30, 2004, 08:44:35 AM »

...how fast this forum software is?  A few times I've hit a button and then looked away for a split second, looked back and thought, 'aw, come on'...not realising that the page is already there.  Every page comes up within a second, max.

Dunno whether it'll get slower as the forum grows, but a few people using SMF have said their forums are way faster than the rest, even after months of use.  Now I go to other Invision and vBulletin forums and find it really slow in comparison.

Just thought I'd mention it.... hiding I know...geeky thread...sorry....

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
Lord_of_the_Dense
Coffin Maker

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2004, 09:28:23 PM »

It does appear to be a lot faster. Oh no! It's this kind of interface (Post Reply). I have to do more typing for my URLs.  Sad

Is there any way to get it to prompt for the URL and a name for the URL? That would be sweet.  cheers

Great site though. The green text is Linda Blair cool!

Soul, Peace & Chicken Grease!

BeatKing.com :: Music News, Forums, and Lyrics

"THIS MEMBER IS CYBERWASTE INTOLERANT"
Neuromancer
Indefatigable Misanthrope
Mortician

Semper Veritas

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2004, 12:08:27 AM »

cant you just type it?

IE

www.cafedoom.com

or Ya know like this?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2004, 04:24:18 AM by Neuromancer » Logged

Yes I am a writer, but my critics call me a typist.--Salem's Lot
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2004, 04:19:11 AM »

It does appear to be a lot faster. Oh no! It's this kind of interface (Post Reply). I have to do more typing for my URLs.  Sad

Is there any way to get it to prompt for the URL and a name for the URL? That would be sweet.  cheers

Great site though. The green text is Linda Blair cool!

Glad you like it, the appearance at least smiley

Dunno about the URL naming thing, but I'll ask the question  scratch

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
Neuromancer
Mortician

Semper Veritas

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2004, 04:26:10 AM »

Oh I see about the extra typing...

Well you can always just cut n paste the URLs and not rename them...

Uhh how Gauche

(Thats they way I always done it though Sad )

Vivacious
Resident Hottie
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2004, 08:11:06 AM »

Is there any way to get it to prompt for the URL and a name for the URL?

Neuro, I think he means when posting a url.

LotD; When you hit the "insert hyperlink" button you'd like a popup window prompting you for the text to be displayed and the hyperlink addy. Correct?  I have no idea how to make that happen, but I'll look into it!  heh

Troglodyte
A bit of Northern rough
Coffin Maker

Trog's having to eat his words

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2004, 08:28:52 AM »

On a related theme: I'd like to ask about posting images into messages. When the Insert image button is hit, you then have to paste in a url? Do we not have the facility to browse for images held on our own pcs, or can we only post images that have a web addy?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2004, 08:29:31 AM by Troglodyte » Logged

Writing, when properly managed, (as you may be sure I think mine is) is but a different name for conversation.

Laurence Sterne (1713-1768)
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2004, 01:32:39 PM »

Yeah, you just hit 'additional options' under the box you type your reply in.  There's a filesize limit of 128 KB, so it's not all that useful.  You're better off remote hosting at somewhere like http://imageshack.us  You just browse and click on the file you want to upload, then click 'host it'.  After the file has uploaded, a page comes up with the URL of your image on (you want the top one to post on forums) click on 'copy URL' and then ctrl+v to paste it into your message.  Job done, and it's free to use.

If you've got a few you want to post, it's worth opening up a text editor, like Notepad, or Word, so that you can just paste the URLs in there one at a time.  That's what I do anyway smiley

Neuromancer
Mortician

Semper Veritas

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2004, 01:53:10 PM »

To post a URL just post it... you dont need to do anything

To posta link as something other than the URL  like using the [ U R L ]   tags...

Its [ U R L = hxxp:\\wwm. mylink.cum ]  your text here [ / U R L ]

hmm

guess that is a eensy bit o work

still I always used keyboard stuff as opposeed to stopping typing and moving up to the mouse... blah blah blah

Lord_of_the_Dense
Coffin Maker

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2004, 12:59:30 AM »

Is there any way to get it to prompt for the URL and a name for the URL?

Neuro, I think he means when posting a url.

LotD; When you hit the "insert hyperlink" button you'd like a popup window prompting you for the text to be displayed and the hyperlink addy. Correct?  I have no idea how to make that happen, but I'll look into it!  heh

Yes, I think it's java enabled or something. Just makes the process quicker. I like to name the links rather than have a long boring addy. But it's no sweat if it can't be done.  smiley

Soul, Peace & Chicken Grease!

BeatKing.com :: Music News, Forums, and Lyrics

"THIS MEMBER IS CYBERWASTE INTOLERANT"
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx