gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge afro - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

gfx gfx
gfx
55850 Posts in 6180 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 December 17, 2017, 08:26:08 PM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Whatever  (Read 14254 times)
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« on: October 11, 2004, 02:51:20 PM »

Just a test post to see if this thing works  heh

God those smilies are ugly....

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
Lo/Rez
Stiff

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004, 11:02:45 PM »

I shall be known as #2.    heh

Ed
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2004, 04:22:04 AM »

...I shall call him...Mini Me.

grin

(got to do something about these smilies - they're wank)

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
Lo/Rez
Stiff

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2004, 02:24:18 AM »

Very nice logo.
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2004, 04:13:47 AM »

Very nice logo.

Thanks dude - shame I can't get it centered, but for some reason I can't edit the template...the admin control panel says that it doesn't exist grin

I've got to work on the front page of the site some more (a lot more).  I put it up for C&C and it got panned by the critics, but I agree with what they said.  Gonna have to think a bit harder about it. smiley

Lo/Rez
Stiff

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2004, 04:23:22 AM »

The logo looks fine on the left.
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2004, 07:48:29 PM »

Just as well, cause I can't move it, and the developer on their forum that was helping me with it seems to have given up heh

I've spent most of tonight re-designing the website, so hopefully within a day or two I should have something a little more minimalist up there, but frankly I think I'm crap at web design - I should stick to writing grin

Ed
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2004, 05:45:52 PM »

I've got most of the way thru the site mods, and it looks a bit better, but like I said, I'm crap at making layouts.

I was searching around on google last night for some images that I could use on the 'cafe' theme....and found some pics of Columbine's cafe area after the shootings whoah  Wonder if that's a bit too extreme to use? grin

Lo/Rez
Stiff

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2004, 06:20:35 PM »

yeah, I think that may be just a bit too extreme.
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2004, 04:10:37 AM »

Ghhod this is stretching my braincells.  Photoshop makes such crap layouts, I wonder why they offer the facility in the first place.  You might as well throw away all their code and start from scratch - it's useless for making anything other than a splash page.  The whole thing blows apart as soon as you add any text to the fields, because it doesn't resize.  Dreamweaver doesn't help, and neither does Frontpage - you import the html document, change the images into backgrounds, etc., nest tables and stuff, thinking it should do it all in a way that will work automatically in a browser, but it doesn't!  What's the point in making a WYSIWYG prog if what you see isn't what you fucking get??? rolleyes

The best WYSIWYG I've used so far is one that aiwazz suggested - Sitespinner, but I can't get it to export the finished site in html grin  Bastard thing....

Lo/Rez
Stiff

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2004, 06:54:31 AM »

I'm as lost as you are.
Go tell them your problems at IP2P.   confused
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2004, 06:19:46 PM »

I'm as lost as you are.
Go tell them your problems at IP2P.   confused

There isn't much point really - I've just got to figure it out for myself.  I've read up on everything I can find on importing Imageready slices, and everybody says the same thing - throw away the code and just use the slices heh 

It's just a shame that you can't salvage anything else.  Trouble is that I learn how to do all this shit, then don't do it for six months, and by the time I come to do it again, I've forgotten most of what I learned before - must be Alzheimer's kicking in grin

speyeder
Web-Slinger
Stiff

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2004, 12:23:27 AM »

Brain-cell stretching started the day I got my first pc, life before that was less cerebral in a way.  Wink

Nice place you got here!!!!! I like the look of it, too. I was about one click away from having Kurt Cobain for my avatar, but decided I didn't want to be a dead guy.  heh
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2004, 04:29:40 PM »

Hey, Spey, how ya doin? heh  These smilies are wank, aren't they?  Got to change them....

Have you got the bug for html yet?  I was picturing you off behind the scenes somewhere building your first webpage.  You should have a go; I think you'd get a kick out of it smiley

Glad you like the look of the place, I'm hoping to get it ready for the grand opening on Halloween, but I've got a lot of work to do before then.  BTW, I only chose Arm Pit for my avatar because women seem to drool over him, and frankly I could do with the attention Wink grin

Ed
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2004, 01:32:00 PM »

I'm gradually getting my shit together with the site, but I'm still not 100% happy with the template yet, so I'll work on it a bit more, then I'll start posting some stories and artwork.  Going to send an invitation out to a few folks I know on different sites, and hopefully they'll contribute a few stories as well, to get the ball rolling smiley

gfx
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx