gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed smiley

gfx gfx
gfx
55884 Posts in 6181 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 January 28, 2020, 03:01:52 AM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Live and not so live readings  (Read 28849 times)
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2008, 12:25:50 PM »

I would, but I'd still have to get a microphone and figure out how to do it!

Jon is offering to read them, so you don't need a mic - all you need to do is choose a story for him to read on your behalf afro

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
starktheground
Critter

« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2008, 04:05:44 PM »

Then I'm DEFINITELY in!
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2008, 07:26:37 PM »

Then I'm DEFINITELY in!

Which story would you like made into an mp3? Let us know and we'll get things rolling. Anybody else want one of theirs done? smiley

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
JonP
Critter

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2008, 06:15:35 AM »

Can Jon do a good Russian accent?! If so, I'm happy to offer "The Truth About Uncle Joe" (as in Flash Challenge 108) for mp3age. Do you need a clean copy of it to read from?

starktheground
Critter

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2008, 09:54:12 AM »

Hmmm, I'll need to go through my files and select one I like. Not sure off the top of my head.  scratch
joneastwood
Grave Digger

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2008, 01:31:25 PM »

I might be able to pull off a Russian accent - I did learn it once at drama school, although I've never actually performed anything in Russian. Would you want the whole thing in Russian, or just the dialogue?
JonP
Critter

« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2008, 02:00:48 PM »

Excellent! Just the dialogue, I think.

Ed
Administrator

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2008, 03:05:38 PM »

Very cool - thanks for doing this, Jon smiley

joneastwood
Grave Digger

« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2008, 03:29:28 PM »

If no one minds, I'm actually tempted to ask around amongst other performers I know and see if anyone else wants to get in on this. A lot of guys and girls that I know would love this as a good opportunity to add something distinctive to their voice showreels. Plus it might be nice to have a few different voices on each one.
JonP
Critter

« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2008, 03:42:27 PM »

Wow! That's brilliant. This gets better and better!

joneastwood
Grave Digger

« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2008, 04:24:15 PM »

Yeah, should be fun. If these short ones work out, then it would be nice to try something longer. Anyone ever hear that thing called Alien Voices? It was a load of actors from Star Trek (but mainly Leonard Nimoy and John de Lancie) performing HG Wells stories. They were actually pretty good.
Voice over work is great for actors, as it gets you working harder with what is essentially your most important tool. It also doesn't hurt that the pay starts at around £70 an hour...
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2008, 06:45:10 PM »

This is one of those times when I wish I wrote better stories and had a few good ones to offer up. I'll have a look through my archives tomorrow. I love the idea of having mini productions read by several actors. They'd be like radio plays, I suppose. Could be great fun all round. Good stuff - thanks, Jon smiley

SharonBell
Critter

« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2008, 08:58:16 PM »

Oh dear Lord, don't ask me to read. I have nasal twang I caught in Chicaaaago so I sound like Hannibal Lecter when I speak. Ghastly. My DH loves to gibe me about it, saying it's what happens when you make fun of people. (He may be right, I'm a natural mimic. It's almost creepy.)

"Be good and you'll be lonesome." Mark Twain

www.sharonbuchbinder.com
bintarab
Mortician

« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2008, 10:00:54 PM »

Oh dear Lord, don't ask me to read. I have nasal twang I caught in Chicaaaago so I sound like Hannibal Lecter when I speak. Ghastly. My DH loves to gibe me about it, saying it's what happens when you make fun of people. (He may be right, I'm a natural mimic. It's almost creepy.)

Almost? Whaddya mean "almost"confused

~bint
SharonBell
Critter

« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2008, 10:25:30 PM »

Okay. It's creepy. It scares people. I sound like them. I have an EXORCIST voice. You happy now???  evil

"Be good and you'll be lonesome." Mark Twain

www.sharonbuchbinder.com
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx