News:

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge :afro: - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

Main Menu

My First Flash project

Started by Neuromancer, May 25, 2005, 08:36:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neuromancer

Okay.. the sounds will be changed eventually I just threw it together to see waht I could do

this is going to be the banenr for my website

Buttons have rollovers and click effects. The GFX was done in photoshop.

http://img19.echo.cx/my.php?image=unlinked4gf.swf

R&C please

(Oh Idecided on flash at it automatically resizes itself real nicely depending on your resolution :) )

Yes I am a writer, but my critics call me a typist.--Salem's Lot

Ed

:afro:  Kewl.

Did you use Swish, or Flash MX?

On this monitor (flat screen, crap rez) the one pix wide black oval looks a bit jaggy, as do the buttons, but it's hard to know what it would look like on a high rez monitor. 

The only other thing I would suggest is that you add some bevel and emboss on the large semi rectangular background, under the text.  That would make it all look more 3D and polished.  Pillow emboss might look good.

Well done for getting this far - it's a lot more than I've managed in Flash.  Impressive, well done :afro:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Neuromancer

PS CS2 (space monkey!!) and flash mx

Yeah the logo was a temp, Digi made me a kewl one that is going to be put on there... so that jaggy line wil lbe one too!

I will try embossing the main bg.. but do not know what pillow emboss is...

I think I will try adding animation when I add the logo to it too :)

Though we will have to see how well that goes :)

Digi

Quote from: Neuromancer on May 25, 2005, 08:36:26 AM(Oh Idecided on flash at it automatically resizes itself real nicely depending on your resolution :) )

Tru.dat Neuro. Flash will resize but keep in mind that unless the wole page is done in flash it won't ie; http://svcosys.com is done in both flash and html so the page was built at 800x600 for those not so puter savvy.
The Doc told me I had a dual personality. Then he lays an 82 dollar bill on me, so I give him 41 bucks and say,
"Get the other 41 bucks from the other guy."

Neuromancer

Quote from: Digi on May 26, 2005, 02:53:17 AM
Quote from: Neuromancer on May 25, 2005, 08:36:26 AM(Oh Idecided on flash at it automatically resizes itself real nicely depending on your resolution :) )

Tru.dat Neuro. Flash will resize but keep in mind that unless the wole page is done in flash it won't ie; http://svcosys.com is done in both flash and html so the page was built at 800x600 for those not so puter savvy.

Well that sucks :(

I am building the page at 1024x768  pro-networks.org had a poll online on screen resolution.. I dont think 1 person selected 800x600.  I personally go the smallest 1280x1024  but since the poll was evenly split between 1024x768 and 1280x1024.. I figured I could do the former..

If anyone still uses 800x600 too bad LOL  They can buy a new monitor from my site ;)

Neuromancer

My first flash project got expanded hmmm

It became my first flash portal, and at the rate I am going.. it will probably become my first flash website :lol:

fully half the time that I spent creatingthis was finding the sound effects.

this is not the final product but is a step closer in that direction :)

http://img277.echo.cx/my.php?image=net21jb.swf  mor e56k friendly 815KB version :O

http://www.nettronic.net/nettronic.swf  full 1.5MB version..

sepia

Ah, you wound me deeply with the res comments Neuromancer.
Normally i DON'T use 800 x 600. but, my eyes have been severely effected and there are times i just can't handle anything but that , and with it magnified.
I actually just gave Lightwave 7.5 away (full version) cuz I couldn't see the damn wires. now i still have ver. 8, but I can't bring myself to part with it yet. Same with Poser, Bryce, all my 3D's.
Sucks, just finished with Graphic Design too.
Ah well, gives me an excuse to be a student again--I love going to school.

BTW, very nice page.
"For those of us that believe in physics, this separation between past, present, & future is only an illusion, however tenacious." -- Albert Einstein

Neuromancer

Quote from: sepia on May 29, 2005, 07:22:57 AM
Ah, you wound me deeply with the res comments Neuromancer.
Normally i DON'T use 800 x 600. but, my eyes have been severely effected and there are times i just can't handle anything but that , and with it magnified.
I actually just gave Lightwave 7.5 away (full version) cuz I couldn't see the damn wires. now i still have ver. 8, but I can't bring myself to part with it yet. Same with Poser, Bryce, all my 3D's.
Sucks, just finished with Graphic Design too.
Ah well, gives me an excuse to be a student again--I love going to school.

BTW, very nice page.

Sorry :(  I have a habit of speaking without thinking.  It never occurred to me that there may be medical reasons why people would use a lower resolution.  I apologize for my rudeness.

Thanks for the postive R&C!  Most all that Ihave gotten has been negative so far.  Only thing positive I have heard so far was on the soundeffects on the buttons :(

sepia

Don't ever, ever be sorry for anything you say around me. I say things all the time w/o thinking. I prefer blunt and blatant honesty.
I see you wrote you are having problems finding sound clips. Do you have a program for just breaking out the pieces you need? I might be able to help you in the music area. I have an obscene amount of music, more than I really ever need and some I am just keeping because I like it about once a year.  :cheesy:
Also, there are plenty of spots to find music of different genres from unsigned, and therefore legal download, artists.
Send me a PM if ya like, I have all genres except for much country. And I have some very odd and surreal world music too.  ::)
"For those of us that believe in physics, this separation between past, present, & future is only an illusion, however tenacious." -- Albert Einstein