gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge afro - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

gfx gfx
gfx
55858 Posts in 6181 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 September 26, 2018, 01:12:10 AM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ALLAKAZZAM!  (Read 1588 times)
delph_ambi
« on: July 17, 2008, 10:03:46 AM »

ALLAKAZZAM!, written by Daniel Abelman, illustrated by me, and published by BeWrite Books is now available as a download or paperback from the BeWrite site (and all the usual book suppliers) OR if you want a copy signed by the artist, drop me a PM and I'll get one to you - £5.99 for the book plus 66p postage within the UK - a little more overseas. Here's some of the blurb, to give you an idea of what this fascinating book is all about:

Wickedly humorous Daniel Abelman is our guide on a magical mystery tour of African and Jewish culture, apartheid, the Holocaust, telepathy, police corruption, rigged boxing, exploding dogs and orthodontics ... while a lovable psychic conman tries to peddle a miraculously discovered manuscript to gullible publishers with $$$ in their eyes.

The astute reader navigates a labyrinth of highways and cul-de-sacs from the African bush to Jerusalem, via Germany, solving riddle after riddle (never sure if he, too, is falling under the trickster's hypnotic spell), until he ultimately finds himself as though waking from a memorable dream.

Abelman writes with an enchanted pen. He shatters the rules of the novelist's art by creating new and ingenious ones of his own, pulling rabbits from hats where other authors don't even have hats.

ALLAKAZZAM! is accompanied by three of Ableman's haunting short stories.

The novel and its accompanying short tales are exquisitely illustrated by artist Catherine Edmunds.
Grillmeat
Critter

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 10:41:44 AM »

Congratulations to you!!!! cheers

OMG!! Soylent Green is people!!!
JonP
Critter

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 10:50:43 AM »

Sounds extraordinary  grin Well done!  cheers

delph_ambi
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 11:54:33 AM »

Thanks guys!