gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge afro - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

gfx gfx
gfx
55884 Posts in 6181 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 January 29, 2020, 10:40:10 AM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Book Recommendations  (Read 17331 times)
Geoff_N
Critter

« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2008, 02:36:23 PM »

Apparently, Hosseini wrote the book in the USA and watched CNN a lot for his research. His own childhood in Afghanistan was middleclass and protected.

Is any of this a bad thing?

Derek

I was wondering that  scratch
Because it felt false to me, and the 3D Book Group I belong to also felt that it wasn't written with the authenticity you'd expect for such a geographical novel. However, I was wrong to be so critical when someone had recommended to Ed and before he'd had a chance to read it. My apologies. I should add that I did enjoy aspect of The Kite Runner, especially the action scene of the Kite race itself.

Geoff

Craig Herbertson
Stiff

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2008, 03:17:50 PM »

School: The Seventh Silence by me has 'brilliance' and 'originality' according to a couple of critics but they never mentioned 'pace' -- best i can do smiley
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 05:06:40 PM by Craig Herbertson » Logged

Geoff_N
Critter

« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2008, 07:44:28 AM »

Where can we find out more about your book, Craig?

I checked out your website, which is about your music. Consider putting your book there too?

You have a great discription of your latest CD - "Songs for and of Scottish women, great, small, known, unknown, loved, hated, tragic and beautiful. "  I like it already!

Geoff

Craig Herbertson
Stiff

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2008, 10:28:17 AM »

No one of the horror fantasy book world has ever asked about my music strangely enough. I always thought it was an easy step from Scottish football to horror... So, thanks for mentioning it. You can hear some songs on my ...space thing

http://www.myspace.com/craigherbertson

There is a short extract on here and a link there to Immanion press who might still have the book but I don't know now... The sequel is languishing on the floor of my office telling me not to write anymore

http://www.infinityplus.co.uk/stories/school.htm

gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx