Cafe Doom's Fourth Annual Writing Competition Rules and info

Started by Ed, August 03, 2008, 04:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed

Quote from: McAlly on October 22, 2008, 01:48:08 PM
Quote from: Ed on October 21, 2008, 06:26:23 PMWelcome to the forum, BTW :smiley:

:cheesy: thanks....i don't know how often i will post around here but i will do my best!

Me too :afro:

Sally - so it was you who sent that e-mail to my wife asking if she wanted a bigger penis, was it? I asked her if she had something to confess, but she says she hasn't :huh:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Sallyq

Okay, I confess. It's me, I tell you, me! I'm the phantom spammer .... Mwahahahah :evil:

Tell your wife that her secret is safe with me. I offer complete confidentiality... :lipsrsealed:

Oops...

McAlly

Quote from: Ed on October 22, 2008, 02:47:06 PM
Quote from: McAlly on October 22, 2008, 01:48:08 PM
Quote from: Ed on October 21, 2008, 06:26:23 PMWelcome to the forum, BTW :smiley:

:cheesy: thanks....i don't know how often i will post around here but i will do my best!

Me too :afro:

That is quite an afro you've got there!! (that is a random name for that smiley - it doesn't even have an afro!!) and of course that is quite a promise - to do your best?!! :shocked:

:D i look forward to challenging that  :P

Ed

Can't remember exactly how the afro thing came about. Something to do with changing smiley sets at some point, I guess.

Twelve hour day today and probably a sixteen hour day tomorrow, beginning at 06:00, but hopefully I'll have a bit more time to post after that, if I can keep my eyes open.
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

McAlly

Quote from: Ed on October 22, 2008, 04:12:35 PM
Can't remember exactly how the afro thing came about. Something to do with changing smiley sets at some point, I guess.

Twelve hour day today and probably a sixteen hour day tomorrow, beginning at 06:00, but hopefully I'll have a bit more time to post after that, if I can keep my eyes open.

ah!  I thought it might have been something like that....i do like it though, a little quirk of the forum!

wow, i don't envy you that!  I got home from work today and had to sleep for a few hours (just got out of bed ;)) and that was after only 10 (exhausting) hours!!

Good luck keeping your eyes open!!

Ed

Thanks - turns out it was only fourteen hours in the end, but I am feeling knackered. I don't usually do such long hours, but work has just become very busy, all of a sudden.

catephoenix

It is not the bang that terrifies, but the anticipation of it - Alfred Hitchcock

http://fright-fest.blogspot.com
www.strangemeninpinstripesuits.com

Ed

Ed

catephoenix

QuoteTwenty-four. 

Ooh, that's a good number. Fingers crossed a few more fly in this week.
It is not the bang that terrifies, but the anticipation of it - Alfred Hitchcock

Ed

Yep - thirty would be about right, I think.

I'm not all that fussed about the cost of running this comp, but it struck me yesterday, as the British pound nosedived in value against the USD, that I could buy roughly two USD with my pound when I first announced this comp, but now I can only buy one and a half, so my costs have risen by 25% in the past two or three months. As I say, it's not a problem, because I can afford it, but think what these fluctuations mean for manufacturers - both exporters and importers. Plus oil finally came down in price, but at the same time OPEC met to cut production in order to keep the price high, and oil is traded in USD, so I can't see the pump price coming down as much as we had hoped any time soon. All of which adversely affects manufacturing and distribution in the wider economy. Things are certainly volatile at the moment, aren't they?

catephoenix

Yeah, I noticed that the pound had weakened when I received a payment in $ this week and got more than I expected after the conversion.

kevinlucia

Hi all - first time posting. I'm hoping to get something in this week before the deadline. We'll see what the Fates and the Muse brings!

catephoenix