gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed smiley

gfx gfx
gfx
55850 Posts in 6180 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 December 11, 2017, 07:55:20 PM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfx
Cafe Doom  |  Forum  |  The Dark Arts  |  Chat  |  Awesome site
gfx
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Awesome site  (Read 11774 times)
Troglodyte
A bit of Northern rough
Coffin Maker

Trog's having to eat his words

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2004, 12:22:25 PM »

TBH mate, slowly  Sad Picked up a few mags with some tuts. and will try and get some time to really sit down and play with PS. 

Writing, when properly managed, (as you may be sure I think mine is) is but a different name for conversation.

Laurence Sterne (1713-1768)
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2004, 01:07:33 PM »

You'll get the hang of it sooner than you think, if you keep at it.  It's the old thing about wanting to do it enough - I only started to get the hang of it when I was thoroughly determined to sort out a project. smiley  It doesn't have to be like that tho.

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
Troglodyte
A bit of Northern rough
Coffin Maker

Trog's having to eat his words

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2004, 03:30:34 PM »

Now that I've seen the potential, I want to be able to achieve similar results, but get frustrated when I don't understand the mechanics. But I guess practice (lots) makes perfect.

Writing, when properly managed, (as you may be sure I think mine is) is but a different name for conversation.

Laurence Sterne (1713-1768)
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2004, 06:05:23 PM »

Now that I've seen the potential, I want to be able to achieve similar results, but get frustrated when I don't understand the mechanics. But I guess practice (lots) makes perfect.

Dunno - I've practised a lot, and I'm still nowhere near perfect grin  But don't let that put you off Wink

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
Criminally Insane
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2004, 04:50:38 AM »

deviantART is another good 1.

http://browse.deviantart.com/  for tutorials etc

http://www.deviantart.com/   their homepage

LoLza
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2004, 01:54:44 PM »

I didn't realise there were tuts at deviantart - I thought it was just a display type site scratch  I'll have to check that one out smiley

Hey, and it looks like you've got the $50 in the bag for the art comp - fancy writing a story too? grin  Can't believe nobody seems to be showing an interest after all the advertising I've been doing scratch  It's just fucking weird :wha?:

Criminally Insane
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2004, 02:32:27 PM »

I didn't realise there were tuts at deviantart - I thought it was just a display type site scratch  I'll have to check that one out smiley

Hey, and it looks like you've got the $50 in the bag for the art comp - fancy writing a story too? grin  Can't believe nobody seems to be showing an interest after all the advertising I've been doing scratch  It's just fucking weird :wha?:

yeah @ the browse.deviantart, use the sub categories,find resources, tutes in there.

always hard to get members when you have a new site, like a new business, it takes time, but you will eventually get a steady flow.

i`m also working on some other images, as for the competition, i aint bothered about the money, winning- yes, but the money -no, lol,also, 1 of my wallpapers i made ages ago, has become the 34th most downloaded on themexp.org, yayyyyyyyyy, as from the 1st Nov, well thats the email they told me, as they are runnning a comp on there also, winner gets webspace free and something like $100, comp runs every month, if i had entered, i would of won $67.

[ gets email ] .......................

Hi gh0st m4ch1n3,

Just a quick note to let you know that the top 100 author competition for the
most file downloads during last month has ended and that you came in 34th
amongst authors who ARE NOT in the competition. As I mentioned before, any
author that wants to be in this competition, wants a free domain with us and
free hosting with us (In return for allowing us to place ads within the
downloads) and who comes in the top 100 can win anywhere from $20 to $100 and
that if you would have been one of these authors, 34th place would have been
worth $67 to you.

Don't worry that you missed out last month, as we aim to continue running this
competition for as many months as possible, so let me know if you want to be in
with a chance to win next month.

As always, I am here to help by email and now by phone Monday to Friday on ***
*** **** (Toll free number should be coming soon)- My buddy Dale is handling
support calls so ask for him by name :-)

Regards.

Steve and Eric.
(The ThemeXP Guys)

LoLza

Ed
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2004, 03:03:36 PM »

Yeah, I've seen your stuff over at themeXP before - pretty impressive, especially being #34 in the most downloaded catagory, well done mate dance 

BTW, if you want free webhosting and stuff like that, there are quite a few offers like that in the 'employment agency' area of n-sane's forum - in exchange for building web templates, usually.  Some of the offers are really generous, with sub domains, e-mail accounts, tons of server space and bandwidth.  Might be worth you checking out, if you're interested  smiley

About the prize money - if you win it, maybe you should use it to buy Pix a bunch of flowers for putting up with your grumpy arse Wink heh

Criminally Insane
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2004, 04:25:21 PM »

thnx m8, lol. i think i have enuff websites @ the moment Wink

yeah i thought it was good of themexp telling me about that,and was surprised, cos i never submit work there anymore, swissboy got jealous, he ended up being part of their team back then and changed my pass a few times, so i never used them again since then.All i do now is help out wherever i can, or ppl seeing my work and contacting me.

Flowers? Sad  scratch heh

LoLza
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2004, 05:59:54 PM »

Yeah, by the sound of it you've still got a few friends over there.  Like you say, it was good of them to mention it - they could have kept stum and hung onto the money.  Could be their way of getting you to upload some new work for them - maybe swissboy did the rounds and scared off all the talent, and now they want it back?  Could be scratch 

It only takes one asshole with a bit of power to royally screw up something good.  Pretty childish changing your password - guess the kid couldn't stand the pace heh

Are you doing anymore brushing work ATM?  I keep meaning to get on and learn how to do it, but everytime I try, it looks like a 5 yr old did it grin  Fucking terrible - doesn't help being profoundly colourblind either heh  Have to keep looking at the hex codes to try and figure out what colour I'm using rolleyes

sepia
Grave Digger

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2005, 07:14:26 AM »

I will agree that plug-ins and filters are of great help, but after a while, they become quite recognizable. sometimes making your own stuff is easier and much more unique--if you want someone to look like they are held together with fish hooks or pins, jam a bunch of them through some white or light yellow cheese and photograph them. Apply on a different layer and then use color modes to show what you want.

I think the very best PS site is actually a whole course, and free--http://www.photoshopgurus.com/tutorials.html

Some other nice dark sites that have tuts in some, or just gelleries in others are
Abnormis: http://www.abnormis.com/
ConceptArt: http://www.conceptart.org/
2D Valley (good place to get stuff): http://www.2dvalley.com/
Noir: http://www.noir.org/
Twisted Realmz: http://www.twistedrealmz.com/

And like it was said earlier in this thread, DevArt is great.

"For those of us that believe in physics, this separation between past, present, & future is only an illusion, however tenacious." -- Albert Einstein
gfx
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx