gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge afro - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

gfx gfx
gfx
55850 Posts in 6180 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 December 16, 2017, 05:40:14 PM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Leave of absence  (Read 5639 times)
PaulH
Mortician

« on: October 18, 2008, 05:20:52 PM »

Hi all

I may or may not be able to get online tomorrow, but then I'll be away for a while until the housing situation gets sorted. For those that don't know, we're being evicted from our rented house and the council have made a complete hash of finding us a house, so we're going to be living in a B&B for a while.

Have fun while I'm gone!

Paul
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 05:56:22 PM »

That sounds like a nightmare, Paul - sorry to hear it's all worked out so badly for you. I hope things get back to normal soon. Good luck, mate undecided

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
PaulH
Mortician

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 07:16:07 PM »

It is all a bit crap. The council have know we were having to move more than six months ago and still haven't managed to find us anywhere. And we pay them council tax for what, exactly?  v_angry Thanks for the good wishes though Ed, and I'll be back as soon as I can.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 07:16:49 PM by PaulH » Logged
delboy
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 03:24:40 AM »

Hope it all works out sooner rather than later, Paul. Losing one's home puts the things I get stressed out about into perpspective. Fingers crossed for you.

Del

"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker
delph_ambi
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008, 04:34:12 AM »

All best wishes, Paul. Hope this is sorted as soon as possible.
Sallyq
Mortician

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2008, 06:22:45 AM »

I hope it's sorted, Paul. I don't know where you are in the country, but if there's a law centre or CAB near you, get along to them (assuming you haven't already) and get them hammering on the Town Hall's doors for you. afro

Geoff_N
Critter

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2008, 12:52:30 PM »

All the best from me too, Paull.

Geoff

PaulH
Mortician

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 04:43:45 AM »

Just to update you all:

After a few months of hellish B&B living (me, Catherine and the boys aged 5 & 6 all in one room), we have finally been rewarded with a lovely new house.

Hopefully we'll get online soon, then you migh have to put up with me around here again!

Thanks for all the good wishes

Paul
desertwomble
Coroner

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 05:00:28 AM »

afro

Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 02:20:31 PM »

Sounds like an horrendous situation, Paul - I don't know how you coped. Glad to hear you're finally getting a house to call your own. It's taken a while, hasn't it.

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
starktheground
Critter

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2009, 03:41:05 PM »

Wow. I don't know how you lived like that for so long. You must have the patience of a saint! Glad for you that it's over now!
JonP
Critter

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2009, 04:30:43 PM »

Yes, must have been awful. Good to have you back!

PaulH
Mortician

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2009, 05:10:38 AM »

Thanks guys! It's good to be getting back to something approaching normality... well, normal by my standards  dead_horse
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx