News:

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge :afro: - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

Main Menu

Leave of absence

Started by PaulH, October 18, 2008, 05:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulH

Hi all

I may or may not be able to get online tomorrow, but then I'll be away for a while until the housing situation gets sorted. For those that don't know, we're being evicted from our rented house and the council have made a complete hash of finding us a house, so we're going to be living in a B&B for a while.

Have fun while I'm gone!

Paul

Ed

That sounds like a nightmare, Paul - sorry to hear it's all worked out so badly for you. I hope things get back to normal soon. Good luck, mate :/
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

PaulH

It is all a bit crap. The council have know we were having to move more than six months ago and still haven't managed to find us anywhere. And we pay them council tax for what, exactly?  :hot: Thanks for the good wishes though Ed, and I'll be back as soon as I can.

delboy

Hope it all works out sooner rather than later, Paul. Losing one's home puts the things I get stressed out about into perpspective. Fingers crossed for you.

Del
"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker

delph_ambi

All best wishes, Paul. Hope this is sorted as soon as possible.

Sallyq

I hope it's sorted, Paul. I don't know where you are in the country, but if there's a law centre or CAB near you, get along to them (assuming you haven't already) and get them hammering on the Town Hall's doors for you. :afro:

Geoff_N

All the best from me too, Paull.

Geoff

PaulH

Just to update you all:

After a few months of hellish B&B living (me, Catherine and the boys aged 5 & 6 all in one room), we have finally been rewarded with a lovely new house.

Hopefully we'll get online soon, then you migh have to put up with me around here again!

Thanks for all the good wishes

Paul

desertwomble

http://chaucers-uncle.weebly.com/

www.paulfreeman.weebly.com

Read my most recent winning Global Short Story Competition entry:
http://www.inscribemedia.co.uk/assets/october-ebook.pdf

Ed

Sounds like an horrendous situation, Paul - I don't know how you coped. Glad to hear you're finally getting a house to call your own. It's taken a while, hasn't it.
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

starktheground

Wow. I don't know how you lived like that for so long. You must have the patience of a saint! Glad for you that it's over now!

JonP

Yes, must have been awful. Good to have you back!

PaulH

Thanks guys! It's good to be getting back to something approaching normality... well, normal by my standards  :dead_horse: