gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge afro - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

gfx gfx
gfx
55850 Posts in 6180 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 December 14, 2017, 05:43:12 PM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfx
Cafe Doom  |  Forum  |  HELP!  |  General help  |  .
gfx
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: .  (Read 6190 times)
Woody
AnnoyEd

« on: December 12, 2008, 02:58:36 PM »

mustn't have my stuff here, ed keeps it.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 07:38:11 PM by Woody » Logged

The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 03:35:58 PM »

Glitch in the forum software to do with permissions. I've had to upgrade again, recently, and that always throws to the portal a spanner. Guess that's my damn weekend taken care of, right there. Angry
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 03:46:45 PM by Ed » Logged

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
Woody
AnnoyEd

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 03:44:36 PM »

Sorry to cause so much havoc Ed.

Administrator

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 03:50:50 PM »

It's the forum software developers' fault, not yours. They keep finding new holes in the code that are ripe for script kiddies to exploit, so we have to keep updating.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 03:51:04 PM by Ed » Logged

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
Pharosian
Obelizer
Critter

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 07:28:34 PM »

The same thing happened to me when I was given access to the Crit Group... That was back around the first of September, I think. I figured out the next best thing was clicking on the Forum button at the top, and then scrolling all the way to the bottom, where the most recent posts are displayed... well, that and the "unread posts since last visit" link in the upper left.

I assume that's what just changed for Woody? Crit group access?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 07:40:01 PM by Pharosian » Logged
Grillmeat
Critter

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 07:59:05 PM »

Same here. When I got access to the crit group it kind of mucked things up with the main page. I always use the tab for "unread posts since last visit" now as well.

OMG!! Soylent Green is people!!!
Woody
AnnoyEd

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 08:51:09 PM »

My problem seems to coinside with joining the crit group. That recent posts panel was an excellent navigation pane, I'll miss it.  Cry
 Wink

Administrator

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2008, 04:21:01 PM »

Trying to upgrade at the moment, but as per usual I'm running into a few problems rolleyes

Ed
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2008, 11:47:14 AM »

I think the portal is fixed now. Have your issues been resolved, or are you still having trouble?

BTW, I thought I'd put up the Christmas decs while I was at it, and change the smiley set
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 12:12:44 PM by Ed » Logged

desertwomble
Coroner

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2008, 12:24:59 PM »

I'm seeing spots before my eyes now, Ed!

DW santa_cheesy

Caz
Critter

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2008, 12:33:29 PM »

Hey, cool, it's snowing. Ding Dong santa_cool

Some may say slaughtered is too strong a word...but I like the sound of it.
Woody
AnnoyEd

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2008, 04:08:00 PM »

'fraid to say that the "latest posts" part of the home page, after I've logged in, is still missing.   santa_shocked

Administrator

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2008, 07:26:09 PM »

Should be sorted now

Woody
AnnoyEd

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2008, 03:59:49 AM »

« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 08:12:53 PM by Woody » Logged

Administrator

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2008, 07:53:27 AM »

Thanks for letting me know

Sorry to say I can't find any reason why Pharosian can't put a time limit on polls, though. I've looked through every permission there is for every board and every member group, and I can't find anything even relating to that specific thing scratch

gfx
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx