News:

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed :smiley:

Main Menu

Lateral

Started by Geoff_N, January 29, 2005, 04:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff_N

I don't know how UK irony translates via cultures under different parts of the Jet Streams, but this dialogue is in a zany SF spoof TV episode of My Hero recently.

Why are you late?
I had forgotten the clocks went forward.
But they haven't gone forward!
Don't be daft. They always go forward.

I can see you're wincing, but it creased me.

Geoff

Ed

I bet you loved The Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy, didn't you, Geoff?  ;)

I'm more of a Red Dwarf fan, myself :afro: but it's all good.
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

canadian

Don't panic, Geoff. That was brill.  :dance:
If people stand in a circle long enough, they will eventually begin to dance. -- George Carlin

Geoff_N

And no doubt you have noticed that

When a clock is hungry it goes back four seconds.

canadian

Gee. That's almost as bizarre a thought as George Carlin's gem: Every time you sneeze, the numbers in your head go up by one.

Sheesh. And I haven't even finished my second cup of coffee yet. I'm going to be twisted for the whole day now ...
If people stand in a circle long enough, they will eventually begin to dance. -- George Carlin

Ed

Quote from: canadian on January 30, 2005, 09:21:26 AM
Gee. That's almost as bizarre a thought as George Carlin's gem: Every time you sneeze, the numbers in your head go up by one.

I still don't get that :scratch:  Is he on about IQ, or what?
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Geoff_N

Maybe he believes that when you sneeze, you make room in your head for something new.

Ed

Quote from: Geoff_N on January 30, 2005, 02:41:47 PM
Maybe he believes that when you sneeze, you make room in your head for something new.

:scratch:  Yuh - I know a guy that takes snuff, and I'm pretty sure his head is empty :grin:

LesFloyd

"Even if it were possible to travel at the speed of light, it would not be desirable, as one's hat would keep flying off!" - H.G. Bells

JoyceCarter

Have you seen the Mister Men character, Mr Sneeze?  His head is drawn the shape of an explosion bubble in a cartoon - I know the feeling, when you sneeze so suddenly and violently that you have to think for a moment, 'Where am I?  What happened?' before life can continue!

Ed

Yeah, I know what you mean, Joyce :grin:

I used to know a guy that loved the sensation of sneezing so much that he would purposely sniff pepper, dust, pollen, anything that would make him sneeze :o  He said it was like a 'facial orgasm'.  Weirdo.... :cheesy:

JoyceCarter

Ugh - where does he hang out, so I don't go there?!  :shocked: