gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge afro - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

gfx gfx
gfx
55861 Posts in 6181 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 November 21, 2018, 12:51:04 PM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Angels and Demons  (Read 1523 times)
silentsick
« on: May 08, 2009, 06:00:07 PM »

I am almost done with this book, (Yes just in time for the movie) and so far I really like this book, it is a lot easier to read than I thought it would be, and I must say that I really like reading "smart books" I have never really been a fan of them before, but these one is really good and every time I put it down for the night I feel like I learned something new.

I was just wondering if anyone else had read this book and what they thought.

Nick
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 04:27:27 AM »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

I haven't read the book, but I read the DVC to see what all the fuss was about, and it struck me Dan Brown's writing style is full of hooks to keep you reading, so you tend to cover a lot of ground in each sitting. The content about the bloodline of Christ, feminine subjugation by the Catholic Church, Templars and secret societies, I found very interesting. He also tends to spoon feed the answers to the questions he raises instead of trusting the reader to get it, though, which I found annoying after a while. Personally, I think I'll wait for the film, but if I had a holiday coming up I might have picked this one up for a light read smiley

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx