News:

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge :afro: - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

Main Menu

NDEs and Remote Viewing

Started by Ed, May 21, 2009, 06:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed

SHOW DL http://www.easy-share.com/1905297260/52009.rar
SITE http://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows/2009/05/20

Date:

05-20-09

Host:George Noory

Guests:
Dr. Melvin Morse, Joel Boniek, John R. Lott

Neuroscientist and pediatrician Dr. Melvin Morse shared his research into Near-Death experiences (NDEs) and remote viewing. These phenomena, along with spiritual & paranormal experiences, stem from a type of "non-local reality" that exists beyond time and space, he's concluded. In one of Dr. Morse's cases, he resuscitated a girl who'd been underwater for 18 minutes. She was able to remember things even though her brain was completely non-functioning. 'I was floating over you and saw you on the phone talking to another doctor, saying what do we do now?' the girl told him after she was revived, and he confirmed that is actually what he'd said to the other doctor.

Near-Death experiencers describe going into a "loving light" and learning lessons about their lives that tend to have a lasting impact upon their return. Morse described a kind of "post-traumatic bliss syndrome" for some patients who are able to relive the concept of being in the light. "I see pieces of the light" in everything I see and do, so I don't mind waiting in line at the supermarket, one woman explained to him. NDE research shows that spiritual experiences are part of our reality-- not something that's on the Other Side, and as much as 25% of the brain is dedicated to these experiences, he stated.

He detailed how Controlled Remote Viewing (CRV) works. A subject is given a target number, then lets information stream into their mind. The process involves separating out mental noise, and reconstructing an image from the sensory input that comes from the non-local reality. Morse will be speaking about CRV at the IRVA Conf. taking place June 19-21 in Las Vegas.
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Woody

Ed

I don't know, but he's interviewed on the show, which is attached to the download link at the top of the article, so I'd say he's likely to talk in more depth about it there. My download limits prevent me from viewing it, sadly. It sounds like a theory relating to a dimension we don't yet recognise, which will explain quite a lot of things if we ever manage to get a handle on it. :smiley:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Caz

It happened to me once. There was no white light, no welcoming arms just a clear picture of two surgeons dress in green standing over me. My appendix had gone tits up. I was doped up to the eyeballs and if death was at the door, well I never saw him.

I died on the operating table. My heart stopped.

I feel as if my eyes open up. Two guys are looking at me. The one to the fore just stares at me as I lay on the operating table. From over his shoulder the second guy says, "He's really out of it." The first one pauses; then says, "No, keep going."

I'm in a ward. Surgery has been a success. The same two, this time dressed in suits and ties, are looking at me as before. I say to the second, "Why did you say, 'he's really out of it'?"  He looks as if he's seen a ghost. The one to the fore says, "I told you this could happen."

Go figure. :shocked:

Some may say slaughtered is too strong a word...but I like the sound of it.

Ed

Hmm - spooky. AFAIK, they usually tape your eyes shut during an operation, and if that's the case you couldn't have seen them even if you woke up from the anaesthesia, except by remote viewing, or of course dreaming it, but it sounds too vivid to be the latter.

Caz

Must admit I didn't know that my eyes could have been taped shut. I'm mostly sure it couldn't have been a dream as I was able to recite word for word what the second surgeon said. His face was a picture when I said it to him.

Still, I'm glad they got the old ticker working again, it's given me the time to wonder about strange events in our lives and the wider world that none seem to understand. 

digitaldeath

There was only darkness in my NDE. I was on a motorcyle and hit a lorry head on, he like my side of the road more than his, only I only stopped breathing after the ambulance came. They gave be gas and air and I realised if I took several really deep breaths and stopped breathing none of the broken bones hurt. I don't remember a spinal board, of lifting off the tarmac, just very frantic paramedics trying to get me to start working again. I relate the actual accident to the brain being a hard drive, the recording head lifted so I can't remember actually hitting the wing of the lorry or bouncing 100yds down the road on and off my back. It only hurts if you survive. In my case about thirty seconds after I realised I was I was screaming. Arm in 11 places, three ribs, shoulder, three finger and my back [though the hospital missed that and I've been ****ed since.

Caz

Sounds like a bad crash DD. It's good you survived. As to your blanks during the crash someone once told me that during extreme situations most folk work on instinct. Their brain is working so fast that it has little or no time to register and log the events as they happen. I was caught in a fire and only have flashes of how I and the at the time girlfriend escaped from it. This theory has offered to me an explanation as to why I can't remember most of what happened.     

Ed

Yep - in moments of extreme stress we fall back to working on auxilary brain power - the hippocampus, or brain stem - at which point we have the cognative abilty of a dog, apparently. If that's true you probably stopped to pee on a lamp post and lick your nuts somewhere along the line, if only you could remember :scratch:

Cory Cramer

Listened to Coast to Coast for years back when I used to work overnights. Fantastic show with great guests, especially when Art Bell was still hosting.