News:

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed :smiley:

Main Menu

Zombie Infection

Started by Vivacious, February 06, 2005, 06:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vivacious

I found this little simulation very entertaining.

From their instruction page:
QuoteZombies are grey (or green), move very slowly and change direction randomly and frequently unless they can see something moving in front of them, in which case they start walking towards it. After a while they get bored and wander randomly again.

If a zombie finds a human directly in front of it, it infects them; the human immediately joins the ranks of the undead.

Humans are pink (or blue) and run five times as fast as zombies, occasionally changing direction at random. If they see a zombie directly in front of them, they turn around and panic.

Panicked humans are bright pink (or blue) and run twice as fast as other humans. If a human sees another panicked human, it starts panicking as well. A panicked human who has seen nothing to panic about for a while will calm down again.

* Press space to uninfect all but one zombie.
    * Press 'z' to draw and populate a new city.
    * Press '+' and '-' to adjust population (this also resets the city).
    * Press 'p' to toggle complete panic (as in v1).
    * Press 'g' to toggle green zombies.
    * Press 's' to alter the simulation speed.

(You'll need to click on the Java window before it'll accept keypresses.)

Bitey

Thats weird I dont see any zombies :scratch:

JoyceCarter

Am I replying to a pink or a blue human?

LesFloyd

So, this is a zombie-infestation simulator? I think the government should know about this.

I never liked George W. Bush - I thought his war-mongering tactics were ill-conceived and dangerous for the World - but after running this scientific simulator, it seems that bombing crap out of a city is the only way to win.

:huh:
"Even if it were possible to travel at the speed of light, it would not be desirable, as one's hat would keep flying off!" - H.G. Bells

kimbly

Yea! Something to kill...er...do next time I'm uninspired.  :angry: