News:

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed :smiley:

Main Menu

"Small Poisons" finds a publisher

Started by delph_ambi, July 01, 2009, 03:30:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

delph_ambi

My new novel "Small Poisons" is scheduled to be published by Circaidy Gregory Press in late 2009. Put it on your Christmas list now!

I'd like to thank Andrea and the guys at UKAuthors who saw fit to longlist the opening in their 'Opening Pages' competition, thus encouraging me to knuckle down and knock it into shape properly; and Neil Marr at BeWrite Books, for giving me MASSES of editorial suggestions. I'm embarrassed at how many I ignored, but rest assured, a great many were taken up. My editor at CGP will probably now make identical suggestions and shame me into doing what I should have done in the first place.

Ed

Congrats, Delph - I hope this is the one they make into a Hollywood blockbuster :smiley:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

delph_ambi

It had better be. There are perfect roles for both Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie.  ;)

desertwomble

Wow! Great news, Cathy!

Hope it does well.

DW :cheesy:
http://chaucers-uncle.weebly.com/

www.paulfreeman.weebly.com

Read my most recent winning Global Short Story Competition entry:
http://www.inscribemedia.co.uk/assets/october-ebook.pdf

delph_ambi

leatherdykeuk

delph_ambi

Thanks Rachel! And I swear I wrote this one years before I read any of your stuff, so any resemblance between my demon and Jasfoup is purely coincidental. Actually there isn't much resemblance. Jasfoup's far more intelligent and has infinitely better dress sense.

Caz

Some may say slaughtered is too strong a word...but I like the sound of it.

delboy

"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker

Grillmeat

OMG!! Soylent Green is people!!!

delph_ambi

Thank you, all you lovely people  :afro:

SharonBell

:dance: :dance: Belated Congrats! That's great news!!  :dance: :dance:
"Be good and you'll be lonesome." Mark Twain

www.sharonbuchbinder.com

delph_ambi

Geoff_N

Terrific news, Cathy, put me down for a copy  :dance: :dance:

Geoff

Pharosian

Congratulations!   :cheers:

Do you have a blurb for the book? What's it about?

delph_ambi

Certainly will, Geoff.

Thanks Pharosian. I'll start posting the blurb all over the place once me and the editor have sorted one out. It's in the magical realism genre, but I'm trying not to say too much else at the moment, as my editor is thinking long and hard about how to market this one, and I don't want to jump the gun and say something daft that'll muck up her marketing strategy.

Next job is the cover art. This needs to include apples and a beetle, but without even remotely referencing the Apple record label or a certain beat combo from the sixties. Tricky.