gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge afro - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

gfx gfx
gfx
55850 Posts in 6180 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 December 16, 2017, 11:13:02 PM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: David Case  (Read 2600 times)
delboy
Global Moderator

« on: July 23, 2009, 04:53:32 AM »

As mentioned in another thread I dug a couple of old Pan Book Of Horrors out of my collection yesterday. I used to have almost all of them but the only ones I kept were volumes 11, 12, and 13. Each of these featured the usual collection of shorts and one much longer piece, a novella, I guess. And in each case the longer piece was written by David Case. These stories were why I kept these books. The Cell, The Hunter, and The Dead End were great pieces (I hope they still are - haven't reread them yet) and I still recall some scenes from The Hunter thirty three years after first reading it. I did own a novel - Wolf Tracks - by David Case, too, but alas, I can't find it.

Anyway, a quick search reveals that David is one of the Special Guests Of Honour at the World Horror Convention in Brighton next year. I'm delighted. Not that I can afford to go have you seen the prices?!) - but I'm delighted that he's getting the recognition. Furthermore, he seems to be one of those guys who makes a living at writing the hard way, or at least through sheer hard work:

http://www.whc2010.org/goh-davidcase01.html

Great stuff!

Regards,

Derek

"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker
JonP
Critter

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 06:36:38 AM »

I definitely want to read "Brotherly Love" and "The Lust Pigs".  Those are pulp covers par excellence.

delph_ambi
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 06:59:19 AM »

Seventeen pseudonyms? Seventeen?   Shocked
Rev. Austin
loves you like his own sister.
Critter

"WHERE'S MY MONKEY?!"

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 10:52:02 AM »

I definitely want to read "Brotherly Love" and "The Lust Pigs".  Those are pulp covers par excellence.

I agree!  Lust Pigs looks amazing!

http://thissentenceishaunted.com
"Words to make you wet your pants."
delboy
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 09:39:49 AM »

I figured it was worth resurrecting a very old thread to say I'm now the proud owner of a signed first edition of Brotherly Love  smiley I'm not a big one for signed this and that (I'd have bought the book anyway) but I now have two autographs - David Case's and James Burton's (Elvis's guitar picker).  dance

Kind regards,
Derek

"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx