gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed smiley

gfx gfx
gfx
55850 Posts in 6180 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 December 15, 2017, 03:20:44 AM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Poll
Question: Which book should the club read next?  (Voting closed: September 21, 2009, 06:31:40 PM)
Contagious by Scott Sigler - 1 (20%)
Darko Descending by Greg F Gifune - 1 (20%)
The Private Memoirs and Confessions of a Justified Sinner By James Hogg - 0 (0%)
Death Without Interruptions by José Saramago - 3 (60%)
Total Voters: 5

Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Book Club's #2 Book  (Read 7189 times)
Dragoro
Grave Digger

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2009, 11:08:00 AM »

Ill have to sit this one out for personal reasons.  Too much of an attack on my church.

NEGOTIUM PERAMBULANS IN TENEBRIS.
Woody
AnnoyEd

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2009, 01:17:20 PM »

mustn't have my stuff here, ed keeps it.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 07:49:48 PM by Woody » Logged

The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2009, 02:06:39 PM »

Another four hours of voting left, and then I hit Amazon afro

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2009, 04:35:46 PM »

I've just ordered my copy of Death With Interruptions at Amazon - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Death-Interruptions-Jose-Saramago/dp/0547247885/ref=sr_1_19?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1253651161&sr=1-19 smiley

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
Woody
AnnoyEd

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2009, 06:08:25 PM »

Thanks for the link, Ed. I'm off there now.  afro

Critter

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2009, 03:07:14 PM »

Count me out on this one. I was too occupied to vote, so I blame myself. I tried once again reading the excerpt but the style drove me mad (or madder) before the end. Sorry.

Ed
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2009, 05:18:27 PM »

Sorry to lose you this time around, Geoff. Hopefully you'll find the next book to your liking.

Woody
AnnoyEd

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2009, 06:11:24 PM »

My book's arrived. Can't believe it was so fast. Looking forward to starting it tonight.  afro

Administrator

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2009, 07:02:41 PM »

Are we the only two people who are going to read this book, Woody? scratch

Dragoro
Grave Digger

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2009, 07:38:20 PM »

I really dont have a problem with books that deal with faith or even abuse it, its when its pretty much meant to directly attack it. Not saying people shouldnt read it, its all personal opinion.

NEGOTIUM PERAMBULANS IN TENEBRIS.
Ed
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2009, 03:03:37 AM »

Not being of any strong beliefs myself, I don't see the attack, but as you say it's down to personal opinion. I think it's good to question, though. Some of the very best stories revolve around a 'what if?' And in this case I guess the story will probably leave you thankful for the status quo. Perhaps even strengthen your faith.

elay2433
Critter

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2009, 11:30:39 AM »

Are we the only two people who are going to read this book, Woody?

I'm going to give it a go - ordered a copy from Amazon. Should arrive next week.

Jerry Enni lives in a small house in the center of the San Joaquin Valley with his beautiful family. By day he makes signs and by night he writes stories. To learn more about him, check out Clear Perspective, Blurry Lens
Woody
AnnoyEd

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2009, 01:17:50 PM »

« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 08:16:15 PM by Woody » Logged

Administrator

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2009, 06:05:30 PM »

Oh good - four's a decent number smiley

Pharosian
Obelizer
Critter

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2009, 07:06:39 PM »

Yup. See my post on the other thread. I'll give it a shot, at least...
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx