News:

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed :smiley:

Main Menu

Writer Hunter S. Thompson commits suicide

Started by Lord_of_the_Dense, February 23, 2005, 10:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LesFloyd

The same thing happened here a couple of months before, Kimbly... a suicider parked on the tracks, but didn't get out of the car, like the guy in L.A. Nine other people were killed. I don't think either of the guys who caused the crashes wanted to hurt anyone but themselves, but it's clear they didn't give much thought to the consequences of their actions, perhaps like HST having a child in his house.

Maybe there should be training courses for people who want to commit suicide without physically or mentally harming others around them?
"Even if it were possible to travel at the speed of light, it would not be desirable, as one's hat would keep flying off!" - H.G. Bells

JoyceCarter

QuoteMaybe there should be training courses for people who want to commit suicide without physically or mentally harming others around them?

Puzzle advertising that one...

LesFloyd

Maybe on the top of high bridges, cliffs... beside rail tracks and near particularly unhygenic curry restaurants?
"Even if it were possible to travel at the speed of light, it would not be desirable, as one's hat would keep flying off!" - H.G. Bells

JoyceCarter

You're obviously going to make your fortune. ;)

LesFloyd

JoyceCarter

Could be a more comfortable way to go...

LashSlash

Walker

When I die I wanna go peacefully in my sleep, lilke my grandpa.
Not kicking and screaming like his passengers
"Lord, here comes the flood, we will say goodbye to flesh and blood. If, again, the seas are silent in any still alive, it'll be those who gave their island to survive. Drink up, dreamers, you're running dry."
Peter Gabriel.

Ed

Quote from: LashSlash on March 02, 2005, 03:56:51 PM
Jerzy Kosinski did it with a plastic bag over his head whilst in the tub

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/8200/kosinski.htm

Yeesh - what a way to go :o  That takes some determination :/
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

canadian

What is it about brilliance that drives some owners to such distraction that they can no longer tolerate living with it? Jerzy Kosinski's writing was amazing. As was Hemingway's and HST's.

If it's not drugs or alcohol used to end it all, it's weapons or sharp implements. Hasn't any over-eager scientist ever done a study about this?
If people stand in a circle long enough, they will eventually begin to dance. -- George Carlin

Ed

I think it's down to that old saying about genius being close to madness :cheesy:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]