News:

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge :afro: - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

Main Menu

Cafedoom 2009 comp - ideas

Started by Ed, July 16, 2009, 03:38:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed

Quote from: elay2433 on August 28, 2009, 03:06:09 PM
Hope you're able to run the comp. What's going to be the deciding factor?

At this point it's finding a judge for the last ten stories and thus a first prize that includes publication. I've heard from Matt Schwartz of Shocklines, and he's generously given us 50% off Shocklines products and gift certificates again, so that's the runner up prizes sorted. I've asked a few people to be judges, and one has expressed an interest, but I'm waiting for his confirmation, yes or no, before I either move on to ask somebody else, or announce what we've got so far.
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Ed

Still waiting for a reply from a prospective judge. Haven't heard from him in a couple of weeks now, so I'm wondering if he might be going to pull out. Really need to get the word out soon, otherwise people won't have enough time to write and polish a story.

I had hoped for a positive reply before the end of August, so that I could get the comp details into Ralan's September market report, but we've missed that deadline. Feeling a bit stuck at the moment. Not sure what to do. :/
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

elay2433

Hang on a bit - maybe the comp deadline could be pushed back a bit if need be? Any other likely judges you could scout?

Ed

Phew - had a reply from him overnight and he's going to do it.

The problem with pushing it back was it's supposed to coincide with Halloween. I don't suppose it would have been all the world to move it, but I like to celebrate the day with a few spooky stories :smiley:

Ed

This is shaping up to be a good one - possibly the best yet. Still hammering out the details, but so far it's looking great. Stay tuned for further details. :afro:

elay2433

Sounds good. Can't wait to read the fine print. :afro:

Grillmeat

Anxious to see what you have in store for us this year Ed!  :afro:
OMG!! Soylent Green is people!!!

Ed

Ooh... I an feel an announcement coming on :huh: