gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed :smiley:

gfx gfx
gfx
55958 Posts in 6183 Topics by 1808 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 April 17, 2021, 01:21:15 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Cafe Doom  |  General Discussions  |  General Discussion  |  Weird dreams we've had
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Weird dreams we've had  (Read 14364 times)

Offline Woody

• AnnoyEd
  • Coroner
    • Writers Anonymous
Re: Weird dreams we've had
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2010, 10:37:59 PM »
What a thing to think about. Our oppressed minds.  :scratch:

It is a shame that, even now, in the 21st Century, our "civilised" minds need controlling. But they do - but to the extent they are?!!

We have created a democracy and a parliament - which seems all well and good. Until you consider the sole purpose of the parliament, which is to deliver and define rules; laws to control us and that is all. Management of our society is has nothing to do with parliament, that is for government, hence the name. Parliament is there to legislate first and foremost. The logical conclusion to this democratic status quo are more rules and with more rules comes the further curtailing of society and free thinking – this is the only possible outcome if things carrying on as they are.

Slowly but surely micro management of our lives is being enshrined in the legislation that is passed. It’s not something we’ve asked for, but just a consequence of our parliament and the legislative process.

It’s about time parliament forgot about creating new laws and focused on fixing the laws that are wrong, because if they don’t then the only outcome that can be, in the end, are laws that define the behaviour of each and every cell of our bodies; and when that’s done – then laws to define how atoms behave no matter what physics says! It’s an utter stupidity. But to be human is to be asinine, there’s no doubt about it.

If they don’t stop legislating then they’re going to run out of things to legislate for – I’m scared where it will stop, if it ever can.  :hidin:

Probably need to move to another board to continue this discussion
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 10:46:59 PM by Woody »

Offline NoxInflux

• Stiff
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2010, 10:43:21 PM »
Woody,

I used to write essays and texts on that very idea.

It's all about two things.
Control
&
Profit

To numb our minds. Consume and don't think about anything, only what you are told.

Think for yourself!  :smiley:

Nox Influx

Offline Woody

• AnnoyEd
  • Coroner
    • Writers Anonymous
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2010, 10:49:03 PM »
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 08:11:03 PM by Woody »

Offline NoxInflux

• Stiff
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2010, 04:34:31 PM »
HI

I've been taking Lecithin with sweet gale tea to make my dreams more vivid and easier to remember.

And so my dreams are clearer, and stranger.

Recently I dreamt that I had cancer, I was dying and I died, and at this point my life DID really flash before my eyes. Like 100 images from the age of 3 on up to recent events, I found it so hard to let go, it was a strange feeling, I was focused on my past so much that I felt my life was not over because I still had so much to do! I unknowingly became a ghost in limbo letting these thoughts hold me back from the afterlife. It was a very long, vivid and slightly disturbing dream.

Offline Ed

• The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
  • Administrator
  • Coroner
  • Don't look behind you!!!!!
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2010, 02:36:56 AM »
Do you think maybe dreams are meant to stay part of our subconscious for them to work as a kind of built-in mental therapy? Could be that interfering with the process will rob you of some vital element of sleep. If I'd been through all that during the night, I reckon I'd awake feeling knackered.
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

delph_ambi

« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2010, 03:07:16 AM »
I'm sure you're right about that, Ed.

Offline NoxInflux

• Stiff
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2010, 10:43:19 AM »
Hi guys..

I like to remember my dreams, and I actually value my nightmare. They make me think about things and face my fears. Not to mention that they generate more short story ideas than anything else!

I even research and consume supplements (usually herbal based extracts with no noticable side effects). I'm using sweet gale and lecithin now, with very obvious effects, with the style of dreams changing, evolving. From just very vivid dreams, to now, I have mini-dreams, it's not quite lucid but I know I am asleep and can wake myself up at any given time, which is weird.

I found a site that has a good product as far as dream supplements go (I'm not trying to advertise but here it is for the curious): http://www.brilliantdreams.com/product/dream-supplement.htm

I have been switching to a 2nd person mode a lot in the dreams. Last night I had a lot of dreams in a military nature...

I will post some new dreams soon. I keep a dream journal of and on..

I have not tried the supplements on that page yet.

It's worth perusing vivid and lucid dreams, once you have them (most people) you have like a second life, your dream world, and it's a hell of a lot of fun (without consequences)!!!

:dance:

Nox Influx

Offline elay2433

• Critter
  • Coroner
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2010, 09:09:58 PM »
Check out Waking Life. It's an intersting movie that deals a bit with lucid dreaming. It sort of blurs the lines between reality and dreaming. Reminds me a bit of Poe's A Dream Within A Dream

Is all that we see and seem
But a dream withing a dream?

His birthday today I believe.

Offline Ed

• The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
  • Administrator
  • Coroner
  • Don't look behind you!!!!!
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2010, 02:44:15 AM »
Yes, and Poe's mysterious visitor didn't show up this time, for the first time in sixty years. I guess he was taken.
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Offline digitaldeath

• Coffin Maker
  • wired to alien life
    • Cortijo del Zorro
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2010, 07:12:58 AM »
I seem to be evolving as I age. Now I can dream while I am awake. Relaxing in a chair late evening I can see a dream before my eyes shut[ third eye?] they are 90% solid so I am still aware that the tv may be on and of all movement around me. If I fall asleep I lose the thread when the dark envelops me.

Offline NoxInflux

• Stiff
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2010, 05:21:49 PM »
digitaldeath: I've had that occur a lot the past few days (in bed though).

I have seen Waking Life, but just obtained it to see it again.

Offline digitaldeath

• Coffin Maker
  • wired to alien life
    • Cortijo del Zorro
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2010, 07:31:29 PM »
Glad I'm not alone

Cafe Doom  |  General Discussions  |  General Discussion  |  Weird dreams we've had

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines Page created in 0.152 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx