gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed :smiley:

gfx gfx
gfx
55940 Posts in 6183 Topics by 1808 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 August 04, 2020, 11:50:52 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Cafe Doom  |  The Critique Crypt  |  General writing chat  |  NaNoWriMo*
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: NaNoWriMo*  (Read 15720 times)

Offline Rev. Austin

• loves you like his own sister.
  • Critter
  • Coroner
  • AAAAIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEE
    • The full skinny on Rev. Austin.  YES.  SIR.  REE.
NaNoWriMo*
« on: November 02, 2009, 06:28:52 AM »
[*National Novel Writing Month, fact fans!  I only just found out about it a month or so ago]

I don't think anyone's mentioned this on here yet - anyone having a crack at it?

http://www.nanowrimo.org is the official site!
facebook.com/waynegoodchildishaunted
Stay in touch! I don't mean that in a pervy way.

delph_ambi

Re: NaNoWriMo*
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 06:34:02 AM »
You have got to be joking!

Offline Rook

• Critter
  • Coroner
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 08:39:56 AM »
Bah, haaaaa, ha, ha, haaa, ha, haa, ha, haaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I see the Rev's master plan: encourage us all into mental breakdowns, then single-handedly take over the world! (or at least Cafe Doom)

I had a hard time getting 3,500 words (in two weeks)that I was willing to show anyone else........50,000 in a month......I'd endup drooling in a corner, muttering about my mediocrity.
I think, Sebastian, there for I am.
Say Hi! on Twitter: @rookberg

Offline KatYares

• Stiff
    • Kats Tales: Journeys Into the Velvet Darkness
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 08:44:58 AM »
Rev,

I'm doing it.  Have participated for at least 6 of the last 8 years.  Won a few, lost a few.  Do have a few first draft novels somewhere on my hard drive.  It's fun...and it's good...if only to train your rear to a chair for 1667 words a day.

Kat
KatsTales:  Journeys Into the Velvet Darkness - Revealed Evil is now available on Amazon

Offline Ed

• The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
  • Administrator
  • Coroner
  • Don't look behind you!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 01:01:55 PM »
I think I will do it, actually. I've always been too busy in the past, or just haven't had the inspiration, but this month's crit session is a no go, and I seriously need to get some words laid down if I'm going to continue to pretend to be a writer.

For the first time in ages I actually started and finished a short short story (4,000 wds) over the past week or so, and I want to keep going. This is the perfect opportunity to get started on something novel length. It'd be a shame to pass it up.

Will start tonight :smiley:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

LeeThompson

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 08:43:55 PM »
Kat has a great point, and one worth considering for people who only write sporadically. In the least, it fosters discipline.
I'm neck deep in my novel and critting two friends books, so I'm not doing it this year.
Ed, good for you!

Offline Rev. Austin

• Critter
  • Coroner
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 12:33:19 PM »
My friend did it last year and managed to come up with a solid, interesting novel.  I'm using it to try and finish off a novel that's secretly about my love affair with 80's horror films :D

I don't normally struggle with disciplining myself when it comes to writing but I thought NaNoWriMo could be fun, in a crazy way  :cheesy: if anyone fancies "buddying up" (so we can share current wordcounts, egg each other on, and so forth) I'm on the official site as The_Inexorable_Reverend_Austin, because I truly am unstoppable haha  ;)

Offline KatYares

• Stiff
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 01:38:16 PM »
I'm "sidhekat" over there - I'll add any and all buddies

Kat
KatsTales:  Journeys Into the Velvet Darkness - Revealed Evil is now available on Amazon

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Coroner
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 05:11:55 PM »
I've just signed up as Ed Dempster and haven't a clue how to navigate the site, so I think I'll just get on with my writing  :scratch:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Offline KatYares

• Stiff
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2009, 03:09:57 PM »
I've just signed up as Ed Dempster and haven't a clue how to navigate the site, so I think I'll just get on with my writing  :scratch:

Ed,

I searched for your name but couldn't find you.  Was going to add you as a buddy.

Kat

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Coroner
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2009, 03:25:05 PM »

Ed,

I searched for your name but couldn't find you.  Was going to add you as a buddy.

Kat

I think I've sussed it now - I've added you as a buddy :smiley:

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Coroner
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2009, 03:27:09 PM »
Added you as well, Rev :afro: I now have two friends :scratch:

Offline Rev. Austin

• Critter
  • Coroner
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2009, 02:04:00 PM »
Added you too, Ed!  And added you as well, Kat!  Hurray!  Good luck folks!

Offline KatYares

• Stiff
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2009, 03:29:41 PM »
Got ya added also Ed.  Now if we can all achieve the word count...I know I still have a long way to go.

Kat

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Coroner
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2009, 03:45:32 PM »
Yeesh - me too. I've only just sat down to write something and it's 8:40pm, FFS. I had my dinner then had some pricing to do, a couple of letters to write to clients. Bang goes another evening. Dunno where the time goes.

My word count is puny so far, but I'm hoping to just blat out a load of words and edit later. My biggest problem is I sit and mull over it too much, usually.

Cafe Doom  |  The Critique Crypt  |  General writing chat  |  NaNoWriMo*

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines Page created in 0.119 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx