gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge afro - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

gfx gfx
gfx
55850 Posts in 6180 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 December 12, 2017, 08:28:23 PM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bandersnatch Books (closes 31st Jan 10)  (Read 6789 times)
ScottColbert
Stiff

« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2010, 05:04:51 PM »

Well, DEAD WEST is now closed for submissions, but I want to say I never expected the kind of response I've had. From the posting here, on SHocklines, and twitter/Facebook I received about 125 subs. The response was so positive, Rich and I are planning on doing a second collection in 2011, info on which can be found over on my website:  http://scottcolbert.wordpress.com/2010/02/03/writers-workshop-dead-west-and-a-compliment/ . I'm not trying to pimp my blog, but for those who haven't read any of my posts about Dead West, you might be interested in taking a gander.

Thank you to everyone who submitted stories, and you'll be hearing from me in a couple of weeks.
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2010, 06:33:52 PM »

Pimp away, Scott afro Glad to hear you're thinking of doing another Dead West antho. I didn't get around to writing mine this time around, but the idea's still brewing, fermenting, festering, and has to come out sooner or later.

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
Rev. Austin
loves you like his own sister.
Critter

"WHERE'S MY MONKEY?!"

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2010, 07:11:27 AM »

I really enjoyed writing mine, and the mental last-minute crit to get it polished  Wink

http://thissentenceishaunted.com
"Words to make you wet your pants."
QBall
Coffin Maker

« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2010, 03:27:05 PM »

The odds of acceptance are 10 - 1 Wow!
I am interested in Western writing now and wondered where the market was.
Plug for one site, unless you omit it, no payments.
Rope and Wire run by Scott Gese, has several old B&W short Western movies and dozens of good stories.
ScottColbert
Stiff

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2010, 06:06:33 PM »

The odds of acceptance are 10 - 1 Wow!
I am interested in Western writing now and wondered where the market was.
Plug for one site, unless you omit it, no payments.
Rope and Wire run by Scott Gese, has several old B&W short Western movies and dozens of good stories.

Also check out http://www.thewesternonline.com/ to submit to. I don't think they pay, but they have some pretty good stories.
QBall
Coffin Maker

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2010, 07:03:32 PM »

Thanks Scott.
ScottColbert
Stiff

« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2010, 11:59:37 PM »

I want to thank everyone here who took the time to submit a story to Dead West. My biggest regret was not being able to accept more stories. Unfortunately, page count restraints and money are a large factor. If you were rejected, don't be discouraged, I'll be putting together a second volume in the Spring of 2011, so there will be another chance, in hopefully a bigger collection. I'll be posting the full TOC around the first of March for anyone interested.
QBall
Coffin Maker

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2010, 12:51:32 AM »

Thanks Scott. My story is about to be posted on 'Rope and Wire' so it has found a home. I've had rejections before like most of us. No problem.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 10:28:11 PM by QBall » Logged
PaulH
Mortician

« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2010, 04:44:49 PM »

Thanks for keeping us updated Scott.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx