gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed smiley

gfx gfx
gfx
55850 Posts in 6180 Topics by 556 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 December 14, 2017, 05:38:11 PM
gfx* HomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nervous About All this  (Read 5185 times)
sepia
Grave Digger

« on: March 18, 2005, 10:29:36 PM »

I go by the same name everywhere except on DevArt. and many things that crawl out of my twisted mind never make it up there, just in case of parental viewing and all.
This was my first non-montage computer generated dark art piece.
"Portrait of a Girl and Her Spiders"--I'm also lousy with naming this stuff.
So, I'll give this a shot.
It probably needs the res sliced down, and I had fits about the background.
Enjoy.......this really needs viewing at full size, but it is rather large so I am putting up a thumbnail to link you to the pic.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2005, 03:53:42 PM by sepia » Logged

"For those of us that believe in physics, this separation between past, present, & future is only an illusion, however tenacious." -- Albert Einstein
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2005, 04:27:34 AM »

Striking image, sepia - thanks for sharing smiley

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
sepia
Grave Digger

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2005, 03:54:38 PM »

Striking image, sepia - thanks for sharing smiley

Thank you, all the images I have seen in here are quite impressive. Glad to kno2w I'm not the only one that likes dark art.

"For those of us that believe in physics, this separation between past, present, & future is only an illusion, however tenacious." -- Albert Einstein
canadian
Coroner

amphibian

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2005, 06:33:12 PM »

Me likes!  dance

I suck at titling things too, sepia. My first, visceral reaction to this pic was "Black Widow". Not all that original but describes it, I think.

If people stand in a circle long enough, they will eventually begin to dance. -- George Carlin
sepia
Grave Digger

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2005, 06:05:38 AM »

That would be a good name for it. Thank you.
I've made some smaller ones that are considered a bit "creepie" when I have used them as avatars. But, as long as I do it over where I mod, not much said. I am the accepted oddball.

I'm trying to come up with some good stuff in poser right now. Just got the prog, well actually got it last Xmas but couldn't see at the time--MS eye problems, so I have to take breaks. I also way over complicate things. but, I have fun doing it over and over.
Does anyone in here do vector or 3D? Any tuts or brushes?

SharonBell
Critter

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2005, 08:58:28 AM »

Cool. Nice eyes!  cheers

"Be good and you'll be lonesome." Mark Twain

www.sharonbuchbinder.com
sepia
Grave Digger

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2005, 01:58:25 PM »

Thank you. It's a very easy manipulation that whole thing--eyes, skin, frame, etc.
My problem, at least I ran into in the Gfx thing in here, is keeping the original slightly intact. No vector stuff required, though I do enjoy making tribal, Celtic, pagan symbols, etc in Illustrator. Now I'm trying to get gruesome in Poser. so far the woemn come out looking like Groucho Marx, not quite what I intended.  rolleyes
BTW, I'm really enjoying do stuff w/ this forum inmind--first place I have been that actually encouraged Dark Art.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2005, 01:59:34 PM by sepia » Logged

Lord_of_the_Dense
Coffin Maker

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2006, 12:13:04 AM »

As noted at P2P Consortium, it seems beloved sepia has passed away this morning. Seeing that she shared her magic here, I thought I would mention it to all whose heart she touched. I know she will be missed on many fronts. I can only thank her for all the beautiful images she has provided through the past 2 years.

May she have found the eden she always deserved.

Soul, Peace & Chicken Grease!

BeatKing.com :: Music News, Forums, and Lyrics

"THIS MEMBER IS CYBERWASTE INTOLERANT"
Ed
The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
Administrator

Don't look behind you!!!!!

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2006, 04:05:25 AM »

Oh man, that's miserable news, but thanks for letting us know, LotD.  I knew she had health problems, but I didn't realise they were life threatening - she seemed too young.  She was a real hippy-chick, and I liked her a lot Sad

Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx