News:

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed :smiley:

Main Menu

Sad News - Robert B Parker

Started by delboy, January 19, 2010, 02:33:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delboy

Just seen the news:

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2010/01/19/robert-b-parker-an-appreciation/

In recent years Parker has become one of my favourite authors. Had a couple of his Spenser books for Christmas and am slowly building up the entire series.

Huge shame. Huge talent.

Derek
"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker

Ed

Sorry to hear that. There's nothing quite like the feeling of finality you get when you read the last book in a body of work from a favourite author who's died.
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Geoff_N

seems to be happening a lot lately. Must be getting old.  :(

delboy

As the lady said when asked to what she put her great age down to: "Having lots of birthdays."
"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker