News:

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge :afro: - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

Main Menu

''TalkToAliens.com'' Unveils ''E-Mail to Aliens''

Started by Lord_of_the_Dense, March 22, 2005, 12:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord_of_the_Dense

The World's First Public Service for Sending E-Mails into Deep Space

HARTFORD, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 22, 2005--www.TalkToAliens.com, the world's first "Intergalactic Communication System", has announced, that its new "E-Mail to Aliens" service is now available for the public, worldwide.

A user simply visits www.TalkToAliens.com and selects the "E-Mail to Space" option. The user then writes a message up to 1,000 words in length. The service's transmitter then broadcasts the text into deep space.

The E-Mail Service complements the organization's already popular Telephone Service for broadcasting the public's telephone calls -- live -- into space.

Read entire story here.
Soul, Peace & Chicken Grease!

BeatKing.com :: Music News, Forums, and Lyrics

"THIS MEMBER IS CYBERWASTE INTOLERANT"

Walker

Oh great...now we're gonna start getting bombarded with Alien spam!

I can see it now:

'Build your own cold-fusion reactor from a broken t.v.'
'Breast enlargements- all 3 for $500'
'Learn how to stop time, you'll be the life of the everlasting party!'

;)
"Lord, here comes the flood, we will say goodbye to flesh and blood. If, again, the seas are silent in any still alive, it'll be those who gave their island to survive. Drink up, dreamers, you're running dry."
Peter Gabriel.

canadian

And if we start submitting our fiction to outer space, we can get alien rejection letters back:

"We have read your story with interest. Unfortunately, it means diddly squat to us and we ask that you refrain from bombarding us further with your drivel.

Sincerely,
Androswerq, Star Cluster 487"

If people stand in a circle long enough, they will eventually begin to dance. -- George Carlin

Vivacious

Quote from: Walker on March 22, 2005, 12:15:56 PM
Oh great...now we're gonna start getting bombarded with Alien spam!

I can see it now:

'Build your own cold-fusion reactor from a broken t.v.'
'Breast enlargements- all 3 for $500'
'Learn how to stop time, you'll be the life of the everlasting party!'

;)

"Dear sir,
                My name is Re#(*%#ter  Bloob&$rrrzvb7 and I am a consulate to the Fggiew23tfarkian Government. I desperately need your help in regaining control of the bazillion dineras held in trust for my family of 16 tentacled Vwartalas."

:grin: :grin: :grin:

Walker

"Dear sir,
                My name is Re#(*%#ter  Bloob&$rrrzvb7 and I am a consulate to the Fggiew23tfarkian Government. I desperately need your help in regaining control of the bazillion dineras held in trust for my family of 16 tentacled Vwartalas."

:grin: :grin: :grin:

Well, I've never been lied to by an alien. Hang on, I'll send you may bank account number.
"Lord, here comes the flood, we will say goodbye to flesh and blood. If, again, the seas are silent in any still alive, it'll be those who gave their island to survive. Drink up, dreamers, you're running dry."
Peter Gabriel.

santhere

and the jokes are endless, all boiling down to that this is pretty silly, but also kind of neat ;)
Simon Holm Pedersen
- Has a great appetite for booze and guns, in that exact order.

SharonBell

Yeah, but what will the aliens think? We're just telemarketers to them!  :bleh:
"Be good and you'll be lonesome." Mark Twain

www.sharonbuchbinder.com

Ed

I still say it's a dumb idea ::)  What happens if one of those e-mails or phonecalls finds its way to a far off galaxy and into the hands of a race that's a couple million years more advanced than us?  It could be they decide to pay us a visit and make sandwiches out of us for the journey home, or they might think we make good pets, or worse - something we can't even conceive of :huh:

It's a bit like a citizen of Bungawunga on the west coast of Africa in the 18th century, sending a message in a bottle that ends up being found by a plantation owner in America, and then whining that they're suddenly enslaved :scratch:  Stupid idea....
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

SharonBell

I assume they're making money on this nonsense?  :dead_horse:

www.sharonbuchbinder.com

Walker

I would imagine so, Sharon. The advertising revenue on a hairbrained scheme like that could be good. You know how people are though- the weirder it is, the more they want it.

that emoticon on your post is cracking me up!  :P
Peter Gabriel.

SharonBell

Quote from: Walker on March 22, 2005, 06:51:50 PM
that emoticon on your post is cracking me up!  :P

After all the smileys, click [more]. That where I found beating the dead horse, one of my faves.

SBB

www.sharonbuchbinder.com