gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge :afro: - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

gfx gfx
gfx
55951 Posts in 6183 Topics by 1808 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 October 26, 2020, 05:39:18 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Cafe Doom  |  The Dark Arts  |  Miscellaneous  |  Viv's MP3 Player
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Viv's MP3 Player  (Read 3535 times)

Offline Vivacious

• Resident Hottie
  • Administrator
  • Grave Digger
Viv's MP3 Player
« on: March 26, 2005, 04:42:44 PM »

I made this 'player' this morning, but I'm havin probs with the wire for the 'head set'  :( ... 
Any advice? Feel free to go into great detail!

Offline Ed

• The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
  • Administrator
  • Coroner
  • Don't look behind you!!!!!
Re: Viv's MP3 Player
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2005, 06:00:43 PM »
Hi Viv - looking good :smiley:  I used to have a good link for a wires tut, but it's on my other comp.  This one is along the same lines though - http://www.tutorialized.com/tutorial/A-Beginners-Guide-to-Wires/6457

Where the wire crosses itself, you have to add another layer and then shade around the wire to make it look right.  Same applies where shadows would be cast along the length of the wire.  Have fun :afro:

BTW, it might be looking jaggy ATM because of a DPI rez problem - what are you working on - 72 DPI?  The player looks great though :scratch:  Are you going to imap it, so that it works? :huh:
« Last Edit: March 26, 2005, 06:05:39 PM by blunt »
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Offline sepia

• Grave Digger
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2005, 01:23:29 AM »
I always see the tuts people ask for and then can't remember where. I did find a few though and then can tell you what I would do:

http://www.tutorio.com/tutorial/photoshop-wire-tutorial

3 Different wire tuts here: http://home.zonnet.nl/epragt/tutorials/photoshop/shapesandobjects/thickwires/index.jsp.htm
I'm going to fire up PS and play with it and see if I can get a visual tut-type thing going. You could just use the pen tool, but the vector layers etc can get quite weird. Also, anti-aliasing has a lot to do with the smoothness.

Your visual tut is halfway done--I should have it up by tomorrow night. Gotta go to  bed right now, my eyes are done, even with my ultra-glasses. (It's the nature of my newest plague I'm afraid.)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2005, 02:19:00 AM by sepia »
"For those of us that believe in physics, this separation between past, present, & future is only an illusion, however tenacious." -- Albert Einstein

Offline Vivacious

• Resident Hottie
  • Administrator
  • Grave Digger
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005, 12:24:00 PM »
Thank you!! These tuts look like a great way to get a variety of looks!  :afro:

@Blunt - Yes, it was 72 bpi, and that was totally my own fault because this started as a "hey, look what I can do with all these cool layers!" and not a serious project!

-Confession - Many of my projects begin as 'doodles', experiments, or excercises in 'what does this button do'.

As far as making it actually work, I'd have to pin Bsmuv down to that. I think in the past he's been reluctant to allow skinning of his chat but I'm not sure how he'd feel about having a player skinned. I'd be game as long as I don't have to learn Flash!  :cheesy:

@Sepia, You ROCK!! Thanks, hon, these are great tuts.. I lack skills with many of the basic tools so it's good to see how many different ways I can accomplish the look I want.  :dance:

PS Check your mail!

Offline sepia

• Grave Digger
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2005, 02:32:24 AM »
No problem. I'm trying to get screenshot in there that show you exactly where to go on the palettes as you go along. But, I also have some other day to day, non forum stuff I need to do during the week. sorry, palying Easter bunny made me a bit tired this weekend.

This is another nice forum, and if you are using the KlipFolio thing (can be found on Rasta's frontpage), there is an RSS, XML feed for it so you have a few new tuts every day.
Also, does your PS have ImageReady bundled in with it? That's a frustrating but fun program.

Western Studios: http://www.westernstudios.net/web/link-3.html

There are nice tuts for Flash there also!!
"For those of us that believe in physics, this separation between past, present, & future is only an illusion, however tenacious." -- Albert Einstein

Cafe Doom  |  The Dark Arts  |  Miscellaneous  |  Viv's MP3 Player

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines Page created in 0.088 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx