gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed :smiley:

gfx gfx
gfx
55948 Posts in 6183 Topics by 1808 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 September 28, 2020, 01:57:08 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Cafe Doom  |  General Discussions  |  Funny Stuff  |  Town Criers
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Town Criers  (Read 8477 times)

Offline SharonBell

• Critter
  • Coroner
    • Sharon's Home Page
Re: Town Criers
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2005, 04:40:44 PM »
So there they are, these 6' tall, hairy pink fairies, dropped off in the wilds of rural Dorset, and one of them says, "I think I know where we are - if we take a shortcut across that field, we'll be in the castle grounds, and from there we can get to the main road." 
Course, you guessed it - they go legging it across this field, through the castle grounds, and straight through a civil war re-enactment battle, much to the chagrin of the combatants.  And, in an uncharacteristic show of unity, they were chased from the field of battle by both Roundheads and Cavaliers. :grin:

:glad: This sounds like a Monty Python skit! Should have been filmed!
"Be good and you'll be lonesome." Mark Twain

www.sharonbuchbinder.com

Offline Ed

• The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
  • Administrator
  • Coroner
  • Don't look behind you!!!!!
Re: Town Criers
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2005, 01:02:20 PM »
A castle?  In Dorset?  Where the Sealed Knot go?  Can't be very far away from here.  Maybe I've been passing you in the street without knowing it, Mr Blunt!

It could be, Joyce :afro:  I know another member of this board lives less than twelve miles from me.  Strange, isn't it?  Small world (still wouldn't want to paint it though) :grin:

Sharon - I expect somebody somewhere captured it on a camcorder, but I haven't heard of it doing the rounds.  Rest assured, if it ever comes to light, I will post it on site :afro:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Cafe Doom  |  General Discussions  |  Funny Stuff  |  Town Criers

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines Page created in 0.099 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx