Authors Listed on Main Page--Time for an Update?

Started by SharonBell, May 07, 2005, 10:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SharonBell

Isn't it time more authors were added to the Authors list on the home page? It looks like a "boys' club" when we actually have a lot of women writing in Cafe Doom.  What do you think about updating that page? Blunt, I don't know how much work it would be for you to add folks. Your thoughts?  :hidin:
"Be good and you'll be lonesome." Mark Twain

www.sharonbuchbinder.com

Ed

It's one of those things I've been meaning to do (for months now), Sharon, but I haven't got around to it yet.  Part of the reason is that I want to make it work well, and I haven't settled on a way to do it.

What I'm thinking of, is having a list of authors, along with a brief intro, plus a list of their best stories.  But I want to make it eye-catching and easy to update.  The easiest way, in theory, is to use the database and import what's needed by using PHP includes.  The other option is for each author to have a page on the forum, which I can use as a link. 

I'm playing with a few ideas, and I'll sort something out, or update the existing page, within the next week or two.  I was looking at it when I updated the front page, yesterday, thinking that I should sort something out - the authors page isn't representative of our current forum members, and it should be.

Sorry :/
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

SharonBell

Blunt, don't feel bad! I know how much work it is to run the Doom Cafe, plus renovate your house and do your day job! Not a rush, just another thing on your "List of Things to Do!"  ::)
"Be good and you'll be lonesome." Mark Twain

www.sharonbuchbinder.com