News:

Got a few minutes to kill? Try the Doom Flash Challenge :afro: - http://www.cafedoom.com/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

Main Menu

Winner!

Started by delph_ambi, April 09, 2010, 12:28:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delboy

Tremendous news, Delph. Well done!!

Derek
"If you want to write, write it. That's the first rule. And send it in, and send it in to someone who can publish it or get it published. Don't send it to me. Don't show it to your spouse, or your significant other, or your parents, or somebody. They're not going to publish it."

Robert B. Parker

delph_ambi

Thanks!

This is the one wot won. Pencil and ink on 'parchment' paper. Actual size about six inches square.

leatherdykeuk

A very well deserved win!

delph_ambi

Caz

A pencil drawing but I know it's a bright sunny day, the shadows make it seem so real. Way cool. :cool:
Some may say slaughtered is too strong a word...but I like the sound of it.

digitaldeath

Fair do Sheila! Ripe for shearing too. Fair dinkum drawing.

Ed

My eyes bleed at the thought of drawing all those lines. A well deserved win, Delph :afro:
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

delph_ambi

Kerr

It's lovely Delph. Well deserved. Congrats.

Pharosian

Another amazing drawing! How did you select the subject matter?

delph_ambi

Thanks!

Regarding the subject matter, the theme for the competition was 'Spring', so I decided lambs were a suitable subject (I also sent in a drawing of a fern unfurling, and rhododendrons in bloom). I hunted through my photographs until I found a suitable one. The drawing is based on a photo I took of lambs at Pendragon Castle (Cumbria) last year.