gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Anybody interested in joining a behind the scenes critique group, please PM Ed :smiley:

gfx gfx
gfx
55951 Posts in 6183 Topics by 1808 Members - Latest Member: wallynicholson666 October 26, 2020, 04:09:36 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Cafe Doom  |  The Dark Arts  |  Miscellaneous  |  Just messing around
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Just messing around  (Read 6037 times)

Offline Ed

• The Mastah, muahahaaaa....
  • Administrator
  • Coroner
  • Don't look behind you!!!!!
Just messing around
« on: April 02, 2005, 05:54:44 PM »
I call it a 'snog' - it's a snake's body with a frog's head patched onto it.  I can't get the hang of doing stuff like this without my Wacom tablet tho - using a mouse is like going back to the dark ages ::)

« Last Edit: April 02, 2005, 05:57:36 PM by blunt »
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Offline santhere

• Mortician
Re: Just messing around
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2005, 02:03:12 AM »
hehe the funny thing is that in Denmark we have a snake called a 'snog', though it's not a mutant ::)
Simon Holm Pedersen
- Has a great appetite for booze and guns, in that exact order.

Offline LashSlash

• Coroner
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2005, 02:47:41 AM »
But, does it THINK it can hop?

Offline canadian

• Coroner
  • amphibian
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2005, 07:53:04 AM »
And will it eat itself?
If people stand in a circle long enough, they will eventually begin to dance. -- George Carlin

Offline Walker

• Coroner
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2005, 09:13:11 AM »
Hmmm...I thought that one was a 'frake'. 
That's very cool BLunt, looks like you've got the hang of it all right. What program did you use for that? Sometime I'd like to play around with something like that too (the program, not the snog).
"Lord, here comes the flood, we will say goodbye to flesh and blood. If, again, the seas are silent in any still alive, it'll be those who gave their island to survive. Drink up, dreamers, you're running dry."
Peter Gabriel.

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Coroner
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2005, 02:57:54 PM »
I showed it to my wife, and she said, "What is it, a slow worm?" ::)  TBH, it looks fairly natural, not unlike an ordinary snake, but it doesn't look like a slow worm.

If I had my tablet on this comp, I could have done better - it isn't blended very well at all, plus the frog's head doesn't look quite right against the background.  It was done using Adobe Photoshop 7.0 and the tools I used were the pen, eraser and clone stamp.  Then I ran the blur tool around the edges of the head.

Which graphics progs have you got, Walker?
Planning is an unnatural process - it is much more fun to do something.  The nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry and depression. [Sir John Harvey-Jones]

Offline Walker

• Coroner
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2005, 03:14:37 PM »
I'm not even sure what program I have Blunt. Whatever came with windows XP. I guess paint or whatever, which likely isn't even a photoshop program. One day I'll give it a shot, for now I'm relying on Sepia for the finer touches of our collaberation.
"Lord, here comes the flood, we will say goodbye to flesh and blood. If, again, the seas are silent in any still alive, it'll be those who gave their island to survive. Drink up, dreamers, you're running dry."
Peter Gabriel.

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Coroner
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2005, 04:07:46 PM »
I'm not even sure what program I have Blunt. Whatever came with windows XP. I guess paint or whatever, which likely isn't even a photoshop program. One day I'll give it a shot, for now I'm relying on Sepia for the finer touches of our collaberation.

MS Paint has its uses, but it's very limited, especially when it comes to optimising pics for web use.  If you fancy trying Photoshop sometime, give me a shout :afro:

Glad to hear that you and Sepia are still working on a collab - I was wondering how that was going.  Looking forward to seeing the results :smiley:

Offline JoyceCarter

• Coroner
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2005, 04:41:39 AM »
Does the snog come up and kiss you unexpectedly?

Offline Ed

• Administrator
  • Coroner
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2005, 06:04:57 AM »
No doubt it could give you a nasty suck :afro:

Offline canadian

• Coroner
  • amphibian
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2005, 06:24:41 AM »
Ooooo, I can just imagine its tongue ...  :kiss:
If people stand in a circle long enough, they will eventually begin to dance. -- George Carlin

Offline JoyceCarter

• Coroner
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2005, 06:32:41 AM »
Steady, steady...  Don't want to further exhaust your furry friend!  (See cat comp thread - I'm not being ENTIRELY gratuitous!)  :shocked: :grin:

Cafe Doom  |  The Dark Arts  |  Miscellaneous  |  Just messing around

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines Page created in 0.096 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx